How to Get Rid of Neck Fat For A 22 yo?

I am 22 years old and have neck fat that I want to get rid of. I checked with a surgeon already. I asked him about a getting a neck lift and he said I was too young for one but liposuction would work. Here are a couple of pictures of neck. What procedures would work best to get rid of the fat and to get a smooth neck. I'm not fat BTW, I'm 5'3 and weight 125, it's only my neck. I have neck fat and neck lines that are so ugly. I can't even put my hair up in a ponytail. How can I get rid of this?

You can reduce neck fat with liposuction or tighten with Thermage

+1

Usually a "fat" neck on a young thin person is just a genetic trait inherited from mom or dad.  It can be improved surgically with neck liposuction, which is performed under local (not general) anesthesia in a Dermatologic Surgeon's surgical suite.  You can also consider tightening the contours of the skin with a non-invasive treatment known as Thermage.  It uses radiofrequency to heat up the collagen bands underneath your skin and improve the contours of the chin and jawline.  Best to you.

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Neck Fat: Liposuction or Neck Lift?

+1

Removing fatty tissue in the neck can be routine, if the fat is not subplatysmal by liposuction, if the skin has adequate elasticity. I would assume that a 22-year-old has with adipose tissue would benefit from liposuction alone verses a neck lift.

Donna Rich, MD

Neck liposuction

+1

I am somewhat surprised by the answers I see regarding this question. After 28 years of experience with liposuction in the US, one would think that it would be rather well understood. 

Liposuction is a reduction or change in the number of fat cells between the skin and muscle level that you inherited and has nothing to do with weight. Even age is not a factor as it turns out that properly done liposuction can be done at any age and the skin will not be affected (more loose or tighten). Generally it's appropriate to wait until age 18 to be fully grown and sign your own consent form but there's no upper limit -- obviously lifts of the skin and muscle work are more of an issue when we get older. 

The neck has turned out to be one of the easier areas for liposuction and very little residual fat in that layer is needed. Fat below the level of the muscles in the neck and fat in the face above the jawline are a bit more problematic but standard liposuction with 2-3 mm cannulas can be done for the neck can be done with local anesthesia only in about 1/2 hour. Also, we've found that only a few days of elastic support are beneficial. I use foam and elastic for 5 days. 

This type of procedure will "change your look". It's not restorative. But like a non-radical rhinoplasty, it can be done with a very natural and nice improvement without looking like anything was done (beyond the 10 days or so of looking swollen and/or bruised). If you get any comments at all they will be that it looks like you've lost weight. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Remove neck fat in a young person who is normal weight

+1

This is an ideal situation for liposuction of the neck.

Because you are young and have good quality skin with good elasticity, the skin should shrink back and conform nicely to the neck contour after removal of fat.

This can be done with regular liposuction, ultrasonic liposuction or Smart Lipo laser assisted liposuction.

The key thing is the skill of your surgeon to take the right amount of fat out.

Main problems with neck liposuction are  removing too much fat and  getting too thin a skin cover or irregularities. In the hands of an experienced plastic surgeon, this should be a rare occurrence.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Neck fat

+1

Neck fat in a young adult can often be treated successfully with liposuction. It is doubtful that the neck lines will get much improvement because often that is where one bends the neck. 

Liposuction of the neck is an easy procedure to under go with great results.

+1

Liposuction under local anesthesia with the micro canulas would do very good for you and with only 1 day downtime for approx. $2500-3250 and you can drive yourself home.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Fatty, youthful neck is usually well served by liposuction

+1

Given your youthful, elastic skin and what appears to be significant fat deposits in your neck/chin area, liposuction would be the procedure of choice.When performed with significant skill, you would most probably experience a quite dramatic and satisfying improvement. It is possible that you may also benefit from some muscle contouring as well.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Should I have liposuction for my neck fat

+1

In a young patient with elastic skin (such as yourself!) liposuction alone can dramatically improve this area.  I would want to see your profile view to evaluation, but adding a chin implant in the right patients can also significantly improve the neck/chin contour.

Michelle Spring, MD

Liposuction of the neck is a great procedure in a young patient with tight skin and a fat neck

+1

It looks like you are a very good candadate for liposuction of the neck. It is a quick procedure and gives great results in young patients with tight skin and fat deposits in the neck. I was unable to see a profile which would give your surgeon more information as to the results. I have found that frequently young patients that are good candatates for liposution, like you are, often have a short chin which makes the problem worse. The good news is that if you have a short chin with good teeth contact, an extended chin implant along with the liposuction gives you an even more stunning result.

Carl W. "Rick" Lentz III, MD

Liposuction of the neck works very well in young people.

+1

Hi.

1)  Going by your pictures, liposuction would make you look a lot better.  It is important to use tiny cannulas and to do the liposuction from three different directions (one needle hole under the chin and one behind each earlobe) in order to get a smooth result.

2)  The procedure takes half an hour under local anesthesia, there are no visible scars, and you look fine in a few days.    

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)