How Can I Get Rid of These Nasolabial Folds? (photo)

Hi, I'm a female in my 30's. I always had nasolabial folds but they´re becoming more noticeable now and I really do not like the way they look. So, I was wondering if a filler would work in my case. Please, I´ll be very happy if you give me a opinion on what you think that would fix them, or make them look better. Thank you so much.

Sculptra for thin face.

+2

Hi Dean.  You are an AMAZING candidate for Sculptra.  The thinning facial structure is ideally suited for using this product.  Sculptra is a biostimulator that helps the body develop significant amounts of new tissue (collagen).

Your face is very thin, almost gaunt like a runner and this facial anatomy is perfectly suited for Sculptra.  

Alternatively, you could try HA fillers such as Perlane and Restylane or you could also try a longer lasting filler like Radiesse.  But ideally we would use Sculptra.  Good luck.

Fillers are probably your best option for NL grooves.

+2

Radiesse which lasts about a yr is great for the nasolabial grooves for $650/syr and probably needs 2 syringes. Artefill last about 4-5 yrs for $900-1000/syr and probably need at least 3 syringes since the syringes are smaller. You do need to be skin tested with the artefill though. Hyaluronic fillers like juvederm, restylane, perlane, and belotero would work fine at $550/syr but expect at least 3 syringes and it may last 6 months. The biggest problem with nasolabial fillers is that patients dont get enough put in to make it look great and last.  Good luck,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler, Sculptra

+2

Hi dean23.  Your nasolabial folds are somewhat prominent but from the rest of your picture it looks to me as though you've got significant volume loss through your cheeks and although I can't see in the picture I would guess probably your temples as well.  In my opinion, the best way to give you the best result would be to revolumize your face with Sculptra rather than just put a filler in the nasolabial folds.  Putting back more volume into your cheeks and temples will naturally lift the skin of your cheeks and soften those nasolabial folds.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for face

+1

You do have deep folds and based solely on your photos look very thin.  Fillers such as Restylane Perlane, Radiesse or Sculptra may be helpful.

Facial volume loss can make nasolabial folds appear more prominent

+1

You are a perfect candidate for Sculptra based on your photo. Your face is generally very thin and this will often make the central face appear less pleasing because the lack of support in the outer face gives the impression of a collapsing and folding of the central face, the nasolabial folds. By putting filler in the nasolabial folds you will further create an appearance of imbalance and your central face will look disproportionately fuller than your outer face. The face needs to be treated as a whole to establish balance and harmony. Sculptra, as a volume stimulator and not a filler, is the ideal way to do that.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon