Best Way to Get Rid of Nasolabial Fold Lump from Fat Transfer? (photo)

I went to a board certified plastic surgeon for treatment of a traumatic facial wound. He said a "stem cell fat transfer" would prevent any scarring. Over a year later, I'm left with severe scarring and a lump in my nasolabial fold. The doctor now wants to melt the fat with a laser and liposuction out the lump. Is this really the best way? I read the best way is to make an incision inside my mouth and cut the lump out. Can you recommend a doctor in the Midwest to remove this lump? I will travel.

Stem Cell Fat Transfer

+3

The Stem cell fat transfer,This is a gymic and utterly nonsense,.

All claims to transfering stem cells for less scars, better face lifts and treat everything under the sun is FALSE ADVERTISING. See the position paper put by the American Board Of Plastic Surgery.

You had a scar, you will always have a scar. May be it can be improved.

Melting the fat and "Stem CElls" with laser, may be. But you run a good risk of skin burn with the laser and uneven removal of fat.

My advise see another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with good reputation and interested in you and your concerns not the money.

Lump after fat transfer

+2

I will first try in your case Injection Kenalog (Triamcenolone ) 6 weekly to reduce the size of the lump.If this does not go away completely in 3 injections this far can be sucked out by a small canula introduced from the muco-cutneous border near the angle of mouth that will not leave any visible scar.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Removal of "stem cell fat transfer".

+2

I have done fat grafting for 35 years and though there may be some stem cells in the fat it is the excess fat making the bump.   See an experienced facelift surgeon to give you a proper evaluation.  I wouldale a small incision in the corner of your mouth NOT the inside of yor cheek  

Lump after fat transfer

+2

Herein lies the potential problem with fat transfer.  I don't know what kind of laser your doctor is planning, but I don't have any problem with the idea of liposuctioning the fat. I also don't have a problem with removing the fat through the mouth although I have no personal experience here.  Both of these seem more aggressive than starting with serial steroid injections which is where I personally would begin.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.kassmd.com

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon