How Do I Get Rid of my Loose Skin?

im 5'7" 109 lbs and 21 years old. I have a baby 3 years ago and the skin under my belly button is loose. you can't tell so much when im standing up but when I bend over thats when the excess skin is very noticeable. What are some effective options for me? It's embarrassing being this young but not having a young looking stomach.

How Do I Get Rid of my Loose Skin?

+1

Photos would help provide a more specific answer. Some kind of tummy tuck is probably the only solution. If indeed the upper skin is not in excess, a lower abdominoplasty might be best. The main issue for you is that were you to do this now, you might be facing the same problem after any future pregnancies that you might consider. 

All the best. 

How Do I Get Rid of my Loose Skin?

+1

A minitummy tuck or a short scar tummy tuck would probably be your two best options, but an exam or pictures would be necessary to determine this with any certainty.  I think that a minitummy tuck will not improve the skin around the belly button.   You may want to consider a short scar tummy tuck, which will have the same length scar as the minitummy tuck but will remove about twice as much skin including the problematic skin around the belly button.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

How Do I Get Rid of my Loose Abdominal Skin?

+1

Thank you for the question. Based on your description you may be a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery at some point.

The “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable,  has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her,  is capable of arranging enough recovery time and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

A few words of caution for patients contemplating tummy tuck surgery may be in order:  In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who have had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Loose skin around your tummy

+1

Mommy makeover help you get back your pre-pregnancy body. Excess tissue can easily be removed through this method. In some cases its even better than pre-pregnancy. Its a combination of tummy tuck, and breast augmentation and/or breast lift. My patient are ecstatic about having the procedure. In most cases they have thought about this for a long time and I think meeting with a plastic surgeon whom you feel comfortable with is important.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Excess skin in tummy area

+1

Hello

It will be difficult to give you an accurate opinion without any photographs to look at. Generally speaking if  you have only excess skin in the lower abdomen then a mini tummy tuck will serve you well.  If you also have excess skin in the upper abdomen and fat as well then a full tummy tuck will serve you better.

You should see a qualified plastic surgeon and have an assessment so you options can be discussed.

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

How do I get rid of loose abdominal skin?

+1

Thanks so much for your question.  It's not possible to be able to specifically answer your question without either examining you or at the least seeing a photo of your stomach.  However, in general, I think you likely will have one of two different options.  One will be to perform a mini-tummy tuck.  This is were you plicate the lower abdominal wall and make it tight again and also remove as much of the loose skin as possible below the belly button.  This is a procedure that only deals with the abdomen below the belly button and it may be ideal in your situation.  Otherwise you would have to consider a full tummy tuck which may or may not be possible in your case depending on the degree of loose skin you have on your abdomen.  Hope this helps to answer your question.  

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Hi, first you need to send photos.

+1

hi, i understand perfect what youre going thru.  to decide first i need to see pictures.  this is to assure you the best option.  normally what its done its liposuction plus a tummy tuck. hope to hear from you soon.

Juan Pablo Cervantes, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon