How Do I Get Rid of my Keloid on My Arm? (photo)

Keloid treatment for the arms in Los Angeles

+1

These keloids can be dramatically improved using a combination of IIT, pressure treatment, and laser. I performed hundreds of these treatments yearly and patients do extremely well. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Keloid, fraxel, active fx, deep fx

+1

Keloids are difficult to treat but modern scar techniques using fractional lasers and combining the treatments with drug delivery often improves things

Barry Lycka, MD
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

From the posted photo you are an obvious "keloider"! Best to first try steroid injection to a test area to see if you have a response of a few months. If yes than continue injections with possible excision/injection test Are. If failed than consider excision with intra or post operatives radiotherapy sessions. Best to you. 

Get Rid of Keloids

+1

Hi Lawleejay.  Getting rid of your keloid will be difficult.  The easier part will likely be getting it to shrink and flatten.  This can be done with steroids and we prefer Kenalog.  The harder part will be the final texture and color.  With this type of burn scar the skin is never exactly the same as it was.  The texture will be slightly different and it will likely remain darker as well.  If it did wind up being darker after flattening the scar, we would try to remove the dark color with a q-switched laser.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD