Can I Get Rid of my Deep Tear Troughs Permanently? (photo)

I have deep tear troughs under my eyes, i can wake up morning having had a good sleep and still they are there, they are not dark as such but never fail to make me look tired; i was wondering what are my options for permanently removing these dark troughs. Also i have asymmetrical eyes my right eye droops and i would like to know what is available to cure this also and can both be done in one opp?

Treatment of tear troughs deformity

+2

Frequently, deep tear trough grooves at a young age are hereditary and not necessarily due to descent of cheek soft tissue or remodeling of bony mid-face. Various fillers are used to improve or correct this deformity but they are usually temporary. Permanent or semi-permanent fillers such as Artifil and Silicone have the risk of long-term deformity from filler misplacement or migration over time. Fat is another option, but there is a risk of irregularity and asymmetric resorption. The only predictable and permanent correction that I would advise in this case would be a tear trough implant placed through a transconjuctival incision. Please consult a qualified facial plastic surgeon to review your options in persons.

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deep eye troughs

+1

Hi,

Upon viewing your pictures, I agree with the other doctors that the best nonsurgical way to go would be through fillers, such as restylane or juvederm. However the best option wuld be surgery with a midface lift plus/minus fat injections.  Your decision really depends on whether you want to go the surgial or non-surgical route. I would recommend consulting with a board certified ocuplastic surgeon.

I wish you the best!

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Tear trough deformity treatment.

+1

Tear trough deformity treatment is best done with Juviderm since fat usually leaves the patient will a "sausage" in their lower lids unless done with a lower blepharoplasty. Though it only lasts 1 year, it should have minimal problems.

Eye asymmetry

+1

All eyes are a bit asymmetric. As for the tear trough.  Treating this area can be with fillers both permanent( fat) or non-permanent( restylane, etc..) and/or with surgery( release or arcus marginalis, and /or fat transposition.

Tear troughs or dark circles

+1

The answer is yes.  There are nonsurgical options (fillers) and surgical options (fat, implants) available.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon to determine what is best for you.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can I Get Rid of my Deep Tear Troughs Permanently?

+1

Everyone has facial asymmetry and you are no exception. Facial asymmetry makes one side of the face to look different than the other. In your case, it is the right side that is slightly shorter than the left. This will, therefore, change the relationship between left and right of the face. Tear trough deformity is the result of loss or lack of volume of the cheek area. In young patients, it is the smaller cheek bones that do not support the lower eyelid area adequately and are situated slightly posterior to the brow. This will cause protrusion of the lower eye fat and/or tear trough deformity. The long term procedure is tear trough implants that can be placed through intraoral route in order to avoid eyelid incisions.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Simple. There is no permanent fix for this.

+1

You can't win, you can't brake even, and you can't get out of the game.  You have big eyes.  There are no permanent fixes.  Big surgeries expose you to the risk of being wrecked.  Please do not get wrecked.  A better option may be maintenance treatment with fillers.  The lower eyelid position is lower that the left lower eyelid if that is what you are speaking of regarding eyelid asymmetry.

Permanent Options For Tear Trough Correction

+1

There are few options for truly permanent tear trough correction. These include the use of fat  or actual synthetic tear trough implants, each of which has its own advantages and disadvantages. Fat injections are a natural material and less surgical in execution but they may resorb and can end up with some irregularities. Implants are smooth and are permanent but they must be precisely placed and thus require an open eyelid approach. Prior to consideration of either of these, you should have a synthetic injectable filler placed first to determine if the effect it creates is what is desired. If so, you can either repeat the synthetic filler as it resorbs or consider the permanent options.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Mild eyelid problems

+1

First off, like most folks, you are your own worst critic.  On the photos you supplied, I do not even appreciate that your "right eye droops", so I certainly would not recommend any treatment for what is likely a quite minor, and perfectly normal, asymmetry.  There is mild prominence of the tear troughs which could be managed with an HA filler (I like Restylane over Juvederm in this location) if you are so inclined.  But I think you need to ease up on criticizing your appearance.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon