How can I get rid of my belly fat?

I exercise 3-4 times a week (resistance training) and follow a balanced diet of whole foods. I cannot seem to get rid of my belly. I just had a consultation with a plastic surgeon who told me I was too heavy for lipo. I weigh 215, am 5'10" and muscular. My only problem area is my belly. I am almost 49 and going through menopause.

SmartLipo Can Be a Great Solution to Stubborn Menopausal Fat!

+1
At age 49, I can understand the issues with more difficulty losing weight.  Even though you are 215 pounds, you are also tall, muscular and seem to be physically fit. I have performed many SmartLipo procedures on patients with your BMI.  What makes you a good candidate is not based on weight alone; it really depends on how the weight is distributed in your abdominal area, and if the skin is not too loose to respond to treatment. Consult a qualified surgeon regarding best approach. Sincerely, Dr. Windell Boutte, MD

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Belly Fat

+1
Exercise and dieting are the key to losing that belly fat; however, there are different procedures that can help you along the way. Laser liposuction may be an option for you as a boost to rid you of some of the extra fat. Vanquish may be an option for you as well. This is a radiofrequency technique which targets abdominal fat cells- resulting in apoptosis or destruction of those fat cells. It is a safe procedure with no down time. To find out if you are a candidate for this and/or laser lipo, schedule an appointment with your dermatologist today!

David Goldberg, MD

Abdominal Male Fat

+1
The more important consideration than just pure weight is where the fat is located. Many men have most of their abdominal fat behind the abdominal wall where it can not be accessed by liposuction. This can be determined by the hardness of the abdominal wall. If the abdomen feels like a watermelon this is the case. This can only be treated by weight loss. Conversely, women often have most of their fat in front of the abdominal muscles where it makes the belly feel soft and jelly-like and can be treated by liposuction.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Belly fat

+1
At 215 and 5'10" you are a bit heavy and certainly dieting will help at first. Then consideration for surgey could be appropriate.