How Can I Get Rid of my Acne Spots and Chicken Pox Scars? (photo)

I am almost 18 years old and have acne frm 4 years of so..... but now due to my recent chicken pox, scars have developed on my face and it is becoming weird........ and i am sick of spots :'(

Acne Spots/Chicken Pox Scars

From your photo I see discoloration but I am unable to appreciate the type of scar, the textural irregularities, that you have.  If you have primarily color irregularities, creams, peels or lasers may suffice.  If you have a rolling scar with the discoloration then you may need a combination therapy involving lasers, dermrollers, peels and creams. Deeper scars may require surgical management. Always seek professional help from any board certified dermatologist for optimal results.

Acne Marks and Chicken Pox Scars

After evaluating your photo, I recommend that you speak to your dermatologist about having a series of Fraxel laser treatments.  The Fraxel laser treats both post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation from old acne, as well as pitted scars from chicken pox in the past.  Most patients require a series of 4 treatments for optimal improvement.  Additionally, the Fraxel laser is safe and effective for use on skin of color.

Eric Schweiger, MD