How to Get Rid of Bruises 6 Months After Vaser Lipo?

I had Vaser liposuction on the back of my legs and inner thighs. I had these black bruises that are driving crazy. I had been taking Arnica and also applying Arnica cream in these areas but nothing is helping. I did a vitamin test and the only vitamin that I'm deficient is vitamin D that i started to take last week. Any advise? Thanks so much...

Pigment after Liposuction.

+1

Any surgical site has a stimulation of melanocytes and pigment is produced as in a suntan and for the same reason.   You are not bruised.  Arnica pills and cream is 100% worthless.  You need sunscreen placed with evangelical enthusiasm.  You need a Retin A - Hydroquinone program like that of Obagi, and lastly you may benefit a little by covering the area with a very very thin layer of Kelocote.   You must be dedicated.   The pigment will go as the melanocytes are suppressed.  It may take a year or more to get rid of the pigment.  I saw one patient who did not do sun protection take 2 years to get rid of the pigment.  This has zero to do with the Vaser.  This is just a normal response to any injury including surgical injury.  We start patients on sunscreen the day after surgery and in 10 days the full regimen I have described is initiated.    IT WORKS!   My Best,  Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon