How Do Get Rid of a Lump on my Nose

I had a very thin nose but little too long I have had two Nose surgery in past 17 years to get rid of the lenght however a lump has developed on one side of my nose , I have been told that it is a scar tissue would someone tell me what to do Thank you

Lumps and bumps after secondary rhinoplasty

+1
Scar tissue is usually the problem, but sometimes it can be cartilage or bone that has found its way to an unfavorable position.  I think the best thing to do is go back to your surgeon and get an evaluation.  Always good to get a second opinion, too.

Lump: scar or else?

+1

It is extremely difficult to answer your questions without seeing your photos or examining you – it would be very helpful to post images showing your areas of conecrn

Sam Naficy, MD

Post-op Lump on Nose

+1

If your "scar tissue" is hard and bony, this can be reduced by rasping the lump. If the lump is soft tissue, steroid injections may help or the fullness can be excised. The size and location will influence the treatment which is recommended. 

Nose lump

+1

Scar tissue can be due to bony callus or soft tissue scar. The etiology of the problem will dictate the appropriate treatment. Remember however with each surgery new scar is created so the results are not just a function of the surgeon but are also effected by the patients healing.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Scar tissue tin nose

+1

If you have excess scar tissue in the  nose ift may be a fairly simple procedure if it is bony.  If so it an be rasped down.

Lump following rhinoplasty

+1

Scar tissue can develop out of bone or soft tissue. If it is the former, you may require additional surgery to rasp or remove the excess bone. If it is the latter, conservative and judicious use of steroids may be beneficial but are not without risk.

Bump on Nose Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Depending what the source of "bump" is the treatment will vary.  If the bump is caused by scar tissue, sometimes a small amount of steroid can be injected to help reduce the scar tissue.  If the bump is caused by bone, then it can be filed down.  If the bump is caused by a depression nearby then a bit of filler can be used to fill it.  An experienced surgeon should be able to tell you what is going on and which of these options are best. 

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon