How Do I Get Rid of my Lower Eyelid Puffiness, Which is Due to Loose Skin, Nonsurgically?

I'm 21 and I've had lower eyelid puffiness for over 10yrs but it's much worse now. I also have dark circles also. Everybody keeps telling me of how tired I look and also confuse me to be older than my elder sisters. Please is there anyway I can get rid of them nonsurgically because I can't afford it.and there's no available cosmetic surgeon in my locality. I really need to get rid of it.thanks

Lower eye puffiness can usually be treated with fillers under the eyes

+1

95% of the patients I see with dark circles and bags under the eyes are improved with fillers to the tear trough and cheek area.  Only occasionally do patients have true fat pads that can only be treated surgically.

Puffiness may be improved with Restylane, Perlane, or Radiesse placed under the eyes.  Treatments are maintained at 6 month intervals.  Each time it is done, there is some build-up of the patients own collagen and thus a cumulative effect.

Good luck in your search for information!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid bags in Young Patients

+1

When young patients seek my advice regarding lower eyelid bags, it rarely is due to "bags", but is usually due to an anatomic imbalance called a "Negative Vector Orbit."  Patients with this condition describe themselves as having "bags" since they were very young, and that the bags are worsening with time.  The anatomic finding is usually an underformed (hypoplastic) cheek bone under the eye giving you a "prominent eye" appearance (the opposite of a deep set eye).  When the eyeball and the normal fat of the lower lid (periorbital fat) protrude farther than the cheek bone, they cast a shadow, giving the appearance of dark circles under the eyelids.

The best treatment for this condition is to place Flowers Tear Trough Implants under the eyes to augment the cheek bone (infraorbital rim), to eliminate the shadowing.  This is the most lasting and predictable treatment for this condition.  A non-surgical option is to place fillers (usually Juvederm or Restylane) under the eyelid fat bags, to help disguise the bags and eliminate some of the shadowing.

Best of luck.

Gilbert Lee, MD

Restylane and Juvedem for cark circles

+1

Puffiness and dark circles under the eyes is usually  not due to excess skin. Swelling is generally due to bulging fat pockets which require surgery for removal or repositioning.  The dark circles are now frequently referred to as 'tear trough deformities.'  These can be successfully treated nonsurgically with hyaluronic acid injections such as Restylane and Juvederm.  The correction with injections are temporary but the results can last up to a year and the price is much less than the cost of surgery.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon