What Do I Need to Get Rid of Jowls and Fix Neck? (photo)

Hi, I'm in the NYC area and would very much appreciate suggestions, based on the pic below, about what procedures would be effective for me. I want to get rid of the jowls so they are completely gone, which I hope will restore my face to its oval shape, and I want to do something about my neck. Can someone recommend NYC surgeons who are excellent at facial surgery? Thank you.

Options for facial jowls

+2

Thank you for sharing your photos.  Based on your photos, you would be a good candidate for a traditional facelift and neck lift.  With this procedure, you should be able to address concerns that you raise. I would be happy to discuss this with you during a consultation.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Getting rid of jowls and rejuvenating the neck

+2

The only way to fix jowling is with a facelift since the jowling occurs from the descent of buccal fat in the facial structures downward across the jaw line.  The jowls are resuspended with a facelift to give a more oval shape.  Neck work is also performed at the same time, removing fat both above and below the platysmal muscle and tightening the platysma to give a more natural jaw line appearance.

What Do I Need to Get Rid of Jowls and Fix Neck?

+2

Aesthetically speaking based on the photo provided the cheeks are full but so are the nasolabial folds which make the face appear full and round.  There is evidence of Jowls and neck skin laxity.  The "Celebrity Face Lift", our minimal incison Face Lift that combines micro-liposuction of the necka nd nasolabial folds as well as neck skin excision would be suggested.  The procedure takes 90 minutes and most patients fly home in 3 days after the procedure do to the limited amount of tissue dissection.  Hope this helps.

Facelift To Reshape Face

+2

You have the classic facial changes that occur as the tissues fall down into the jowls and neck. You will do well with a lower facelift procedure that will bring back the more oval shape to your face.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

You Need a Facelift to Get Rid of Your Jowls and Fix Your Neck

+2

Given the issues shown in the photo, you need a facelift of some kind. A facelift is really a misnomer in that it doesn't lift the whole face but takes care of the bottom 2/3 of the face and the neck. This would take care of the things that are bothering you. There are multiple ways to do a facelift depending on your specific goals.There are many very good facelift surgeons in your area to choose from. Good Luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Short scar facelift works well.

+2

Hi.

Going by your picture, a short scar, two plane facelift would help you quite a bit.  The fullness in your neck (which seems to be worse on the left) can be addressed. Also the corners of your mouth could come up a little bit. 

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Facelift will eliminate jowling

+2

The best way to eliminate your jowls is with a facelift. This can be done using modern techniques that give you a rejuvenated look without making you looked "pulled" or "windswept".  It will also make your entire face and neck look younger. Give my office a call to set up your free consultation and I would be happy to go over all this with you in person.

Matthew Schulman, MD

In general -

+2

Since your photo does not really show what you have, usually a face lift is needed to correct the neck and jowls. There are many excellent plastic surgeons in Manhattan, you need an in person consultation.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Facelift

+2

The picture shows aging changes that will most effectively and comprehensively be addressed by a Facelift.  In Manhattan, there is a such an incredible range of excellent Facial Plastic Surgeons and Plastic Surgeons who can help you.  Make sure that the Surgeon is Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery (ABFPRS) or the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) and seek a variety of opinions. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift in NYC

+2

Your photo isn't great but the best way to get rid of jowls and rejuvenate the neck is with a facelift (and not a mini facelift either).  There are numerous highly qualified board certified plastic surgeons in NYC.  Visit with several until you are comfortable.  Good luck!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS