Can I Get Rid of Hump on my Nose Without Surgery and Also Get a Defined Tip? (Photo)

Hello, looking at my photos would I be a suitable candidate for non surgical rhinoplasty? I want to get rid of the hump and also have a more defined tip on the end of my nose (either slightly up turned or slightly pointed) at the moment it appears flat . I would also like to have my nose straighter - at the moment it starts off straight but then ends flat and round (but this would require surgery??). What do you recommend? Thank you in advance.

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1

Straightening a crooked nose is generally a very difficult procedure, and does require surgery. It is not possible to get the nose 100% straight, but great improvements can be made. I do not generally recommend non-surgical rhinoplasty, as I have seen many complications arise. The issues associated may include infection, rejection, and necrosis (the tissue dies). I would advise you to have an in-person consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. They will be able to examine your nose in person and provide you with recommendations. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.  

Can I Get Rid of Hump on my Nose Without Surgery and Also Get a Defined Tip?

+1

The nose is large with a large dorsal hump, crooked (curved nasal bones and cartilage) with prominent septal cartilage in the supratip.  Fillers, to the nose, add volume...which would make the nose larger and more broad, not thinner and refined.  This is contrary to the results from a Rhinoplasty.  Hope this helps.

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty #nosejob

+1

Having Rhinoplasty surgery is a very personal decision. There are many surgical and non surgical things that can be done to change the appearance of the nose. You really need to have as many consultations with surgeons that are board certified and specialize in Rhinoplasty surgery. They can then help you decide what is possible surgically vs non-surgically. It is very hard from your pictures to give you realistic advice. Do you have breathing problems? Is this purely cosmetic in nature? Rhinoplasty procedures are very difficult and deserve to be done by those who love and respect nasal surgery. Keep interviewing surgeons until you find the right one.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Surgical versus nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1

There is a large bony and cartilaginous hump present in the nose which is not going away with magic. The bone and cartilage must be shaved down, osteotomies will be required to narrow the bridge line, tip surgery will be required to elevate the droopy and dependent tip.    The only  way to accomplish this goal is with a surgical rhinoplasty.The procedure takes approximate hour   and a half under general anesthesia and is performed as an outpatient surgery. Expect 2 weeks of bruising and swelling after the surgery.

Hump Reduction and Defined Elevated Tip

+1

In your case, filler or a nonsurgical nose job of any variety is going to yield suboptimal results.  A rhinoplasty can help refine your tip and elevate your tip as well as remove your dorsal hump.  This can be performed through a closed approach so that you have no external scarring.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Thanks for posting the nasal photos. YOU are NOT a candidate for "non surgical" rhinoplasty. In fact it would be a mistake. Best to obtain IN PERSON evaluations. 

Rhinoplasty for hump

+1

I think that a rhinoplasty is the best way to get rid of the hump and this would be permanent.  Best to go for a consultation.

Can I Get Rid of Hump on my Nose Without Nose Surgery San Diego (Photo)

+1

In agreement with other responders, rhinoplasty is the best way to improve your situation.  Your procedure will be challenging for even the most experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Steve Laverson, MD

Non surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Non surgical rhinoplasty is not a reasonable option for you nor is it for most patients who want to make any significant change in their nose.  Th nose is shaped the way it is because of the way the skin drapes over the underlying skeletal structure of cartilage and bone.  Adding filler to change shape only works to hide small irregularities in the soft tissues of the nose and by definition fills and therefore adds volume only.  There is no way to subtract a nasal hump non surgically.  Be sure to consult with a board certified Plastic Surgeon or Otolaryngologist and be sure that surgeon regularly performs Rhinoplasty

Robert Gilman, MD

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

In your case a non surgical rhinoplasty is not appropriate. Augmentation to camouflage your hump would create a very large nose which would start just below your forehead. You cannot define your tip by adding volume. You will need surgery to achieve a natural result that is proportional to your surrounding facial features.