Can I Get Rid of This Hump/Bump with Minor Surgery? (photo)

I've hit my nose a few times over the years & now a hump/bump has developed on the bridge of my nose. Its not a big hump compared to other people i have seen with the same issue, but its big enough to cause an issue. I know there probably isn't a quick fix for this and im realistic enough not to ask for a quick fix, but is there anyway this issue can be fixed with minor/no surgery? By minor i mean- the least possible time for surgery, no breaking of bones, and little recovery time etc?

Nasal Hump

+2

With this limited view of only one profile, it appears that the hump can be addressed either surgically or non-surgically.  Surgically, the nasal hump can be taken down and the nasal bones gently broken to ensure an aesthetically pleasing result with a down time of approximately a week.  Non-surgical methods are not permanent, but can help you achieve a straighter appearing profile if your nasal hump is small.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Can I Get Rid of This Hump/Bump with Minor Surgery?

+1

Aesthetically speaking the nose has a significant dorsal hump that would require a Rhinoplasty with osteotomies.  Hope this helps.

Nasal Hump

+1

Certainly you can get rid of the bump with surgery. There is no such thing as minor surgery. The cliche' i always heard during my training was that there are no simple surgeries, only simple surgeons. Make this decision a clear head. It is a big decision to make because your nose is smack in the middle of your face. There are may talented nasal surgeons in this country. Find someone like me who loves this procedure to death. I have a passion for noses and that is the kind of surgeon you need to find wherever you are. Make sure you cultivate a relationship that centers around trust. Try to convey your goals clearly. I always encourage patients to talk to other patients who have had surgery by the surgeon you select. From the limited view you show here I think you could have a great result in the right hands.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Removal of Nasal Hump/Bump

+1

The only way to eliminate your hump is with surgery. The fact that it is small is not an  advantage for you because you need a subtle change which is best done by an experienced rhinoplasty specialist. Any non-surgical method will only make your nose bigger.

Rhinoplasty for bump and profile refinement.

+1

Rhinoplasty for bump and profile refinement is possible only with surgery with a week recovery. There are no other short cuts in my 35 years of rhinoplasty.

+1

If you do want a permanent improvement in the bump on your bridge you would require a rhinoplasty. This would likely involve cutting the nasal bones after shaving down the hump. This is a commonly performed surgery and very safe in experienced hands. Your downtime would be roughly 7-10 days. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I Get Rid of This Hump/Bump with Minor Surgery

+1

In my opinion based upon only one posted side view photo you will need a full rhinoplasty with fracturing of the nasal bones. Seek in person evaluations from boarded surgeons.