How Do I Get Rid of Hooded Eyelids? (photo)

I'm in my thirties and have noticed my eyelids are looking heavy these days making me look sleepy, tired, sad and they are just aging me. What is the best solution to my problem? I am in Utah.

How Do I Get Rid of Hooded Eyelids?

+3

Aesthetically speaking the upper eyelids do appear full.  Asian upper eyelids are more full than other patients due to an additional fatty tissue layer under the eyelid skin.  In addition Asian Upper eylids  creases at 5 mm's from the lash margin versus 10 mm's.  This as well as the level of the eyebrows should be taken into consideration during your consultation for Asian Eyelid Surgery.  

it does appear that you have fullness of the upper eyelids, however there are three possible (best) treatment options that will require an in person evaluation of the eyebrow position in order to ascertain which is appropriate in your particular case. 

With you seated, the eyebrows must be placed in the proper aesthetic position, on each side, and the following evaluation performed.  Based on what is found, the best-option treatment would be as follows.
1.  The eyebrows are raised to their proper aesthetic position and the amount of upper eyelid fullness remains unchanged.  This means that your eyebrows are not low and therefore do not contribute to the upper eyelid fullness.  In this case, an Upper Eyelid Surgery is the suggested treatment to remove the excess skin and fat of the upper eyelids.
2. The eyebrows raised into the proper position and all the upper eyelid fullness is gone.  In this scenario, all the upper eyelid fullness is due to low eyebrows and the suggested treatment is a Brow Lift to raise them into the proper aesthetic position.  In this case, an Upper Eyelid Surgery is contraindicated as removing any upper eyelid skin would cause the eyebrows to drop further.
3. The eyebrows are raised into the proper aesthetic position and some, but not all, of the upper eyelid fullness disappears.  In this mixed scenario, you would several options.  First, the amount of excess upper eyelid skin remaining, when the brows are raised in the evaluation, could be removed with an Upper Eyelid Surgery...not more or you'd risk dropping the eyebrows.  You could elect to raise the eyebrows with a Brow Lift alone that would place the eyebrows into the proper aesthetic position but would leave some excess fullness in the upper eyelids.  Lastly, you could decide to treat both issues with a Brow Lift to raise the eyebrows and an Upper Eyelid Surgery to remove the remaining amount of upper eyelid fullness.
In women, upper eyelid fullness must always be evaluated in person, in this manner in order to determine the correct treatment.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Treating hooded eyelids

+2

Hooded eyelids are best treated by the blepharoplasty procedure which removes excess skin on the upper lids along with a small amount of fat.  The fat can create more of a puffiness on the upper lids while the hoodedness is created by excess skin.  The incision is placed directly in the upper lid skin crease and will be virtually indistinguishable when healed.  This is usually done under a brief general anesthetic as an outpatient procedure.

Eyelid hooding..

+2

Based on the photos you’ve submitted it appears that you have relative hooding of the upper eyelids that makes the eyes appear look tired as well as essentially hiding the true shape of your eyes. Based on your photos, using your photos as the only reference point, I would suggest considering an upper eyelid blepharoplasty. It is important with your ethnic background to choose a surgeon who is highly experience in performing Asian upper eyelid surgery.

Web reference: http://www.youtube.com/user/DrPrasad1/videos

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper Blepharoplasty for Hooded Eyelids

+2

Despite your relatively young age, you would be a typical good candidate for an upper blepharoplasty. See a board certified Plastic Surgeon, Facial Plastic or Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hooded eyelids solutions

+2

A couple of things can give the hooded appearance to your eyelids.  One is the stretching of the upper eyelid skin that happens with aging, for which upper blepharoplasty is helpful.  The other is descent/fall of the eyebrows (especially the lateral outer half), for which requires eyebrow/forehead lifting.  Another eyelid aging problem that contributes to eyelid "hooding" or tired appearance is ptosis, which results in upper eyelid falling from gradual weaking of the muscle responsible for lifting the eyelids.

Consult an oculoplastic surgeon for proper assessment of each of these problems.

Web reference: http://www.TabanMD.com

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

How Do I Get Rid of Hooded Eyelids?

+2

Hello, to eliminate the hooding it is necessary to have blepharoplasy surgery. I advise you to consult with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon that specializes in asian eyelid surgery. At your consultation ask to see before and after photos. Good luck to you.

Upper lid blepharoplasty would give you improvement

+2

I think an upper lid blepharoplasty would give you the improvement you desire. Find a board certified plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with. 

Web reference: http://www.boyntonplasticsurgery.com

How Do I Get Rid of Hooded Eyelids?

+2

Based upon the posted photos an upper lid blepharoplasty is the operation of choice. Under local anesthesia as the easy option. Seek in person consultations from boarded PSs in your city. 

Correction of Hooded Eyelids

+1

The correction of hooded eyelids requires evaluation. In most cases, it will require skin resection and fat removal, only if needed.

Hooded Eyelids

+1

You seem to be a very good candidate for an upper blepharoplasty (excision of the excess upper lid skin).  This procedure takes about half an hour and you will have some bruising for about a week.  I recommend you see Dr. John McCann or Dr. Rick Anderson in Salt Lake City.

Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.