How do i get rid of Gynocomastia? (photos)

As well as being obese i have gynecomastia and am very self concious about it. And i am losing weight now. However my breast tissue wont go away. What do you recommend i do? Is there any non invasive way to eliminate the tissue or is this the only way? And if i was to have it removed if i maintain my weight will they come back?

Gynecomastia and Obesity

+1
First order of business is to get to a lower stable weight then once you are at baseline consult a board certified plastic surgeon who can map out a plan for you. Good luck.

Gynecomastia and weight loss

+1
I think that if you are actively losing weight, do that first and get down to your goal weight. At that point your chest can be reassessed.

Non invasive gynecomastia reduction ?

+1
There is no totally effective way to reduce the male breast non surgically.
However minimally invasive liposuction is often very effective. If there  is  significant breast tissue present
it may be necessary to excise the tissue directly

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

+1
Surgery is the only answer I'm aware of for a problem like this.if it is done you have to be careful with your expectations. I would not attempt to remove everything as you will not get sufficient skin shrinkage and the results will be moderate

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

How to get rid of Gynecomastia

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
Your question is requires an explanation a bit too in depth for this forum. In short, if you maintain your weight and have no other factors (too many to list here) in your life that can be the cause of gynecomastia, then it should not come back after surgery. But surgery is the only way to correct it. I recommend you get closer to your ideal weight first before seeking surgery though. At that time you should see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

How do I get rid of Gynecomastia?

+1
There are several different types of gynecomastia. 
Treatment of ‘pure glandular’ gynecomastia 
‘Pure glandular’ gynecomastia (puffy nipples) can usually be treated by direct tissue excision alone. This type of treatment does not involve fatty tissue excess or significant skin excess. The glandular breast tissue proliferation is located immediately behind the nipple and areola and is removed through an incision placed at the inferior border of the areola. The incision can be limited, in most cases, from about the 4 o’clock to the 8 o’clock position of the areola. The color difference between areolar skin and chest skin conceals this type of incision quite nicely for most patients.
Treatment of ‘mixed glandular/adipose’ gynecomastia: mild to moderate cases
The most common form of gynecomastia (‘mixed glandular/adipose’) requires liposuction and, in some cases, direct breast tissue excision as well.
Whenever possible, I avoid making incisions outside the areola (except for the very small, strategically placed incisions used for liposuction) as such incisions are generally not well-concealed and can be a continued source of self-consciousness. Many gynecomastia patients relate that prior to being treated they have been unwilling to remove their shirts in public (and some even in private), and extensive chest scarring typically does not improve the situation.  Today, it is not uncommon for men to wear rash guards or tight fitting tees even at the beach or pool. Often, gynecomastia can interfere with a man's ability to feel comfortable in a form fitting shirt. The good news about this new fashion trend is that men have often have gynecomastia surgery and be on the beach or at the pool a short time later feeling very comfortable in a rash guard while any scarring might be healing.  
Many men with gynecomastia suffer with enlarged areola , sometimes called "puffy nipples" Areolar reduction
Even with minimal breast tissue enlargement, an enlarged areolar diameter tends to produce a feminized breast appearance. For patients with an enlarged areolar diameter, I perform an areolar reduction in addition to direct excision of breast tissue and liposuction. This requires an incision, and thus a scar, that encompasses the entire circumference of the areola. However, the scar is usually obscured fairly well by the color difference between areolar skin and the adjacent chest skin. The reduced areolar diameter is critical to producing a more masculine appearance of the anterior chest. A periareolar incision is also useful for removing excess breast skin, with or without an enlarged areola, in cases where the skin excess is not severe.  
In your case, continue with your weight loss. Weight loss alone will likely not eliminate the gynecomastia problem, but you will be healthier and a better candidate for surgery.  

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon