Getting Rid of Gram-negative Folliculitis and Acne?

I’m almost 28 and still have blemishes. After years of trying antibiotics and topicals I finally went on Accutane. After 2 or 3 years on and off it, my cholesterol and liver function kept declining. Abdominal ultrasound diagnosed fatty liver. My derm won’t prescribe Accutane anymore. I now have gram-negative folliculitis on my neck, and acne is coming back on face. How can I get cleared up?

Gram negative folliculitis and acne

+1

Accutane can be a very effective treatment for acne and gram negative folliculitis. Your doctor can try you at a lower dose of it, or you may seek a second opinion. There are other oral antibiotics you could consider (e.g. Ciprofloxacin, Trimethoprim-Sulphamethoxazole), as well as bleach baths (usually for the body). It may be worthwhile to see an infectious disease doctor as well for an opinion.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon