Getting Rid of Fat Jowls? (photo)

Hi, I'm 19 and have been born with quite a bit of excess fat under my chin. I'm not at all chubby (I am a size 1) otherwise, but i find that the fat obscures my neckline and gives me a weak profile. I've read up about jowl lipo but many say it's quite risky. Is there any other way a doctor could help me fix my problem? Thanks I've attached a photo of a woman that has a similar degree of fat - obviously, she is older than me.

Chin Liposuction in Younger Patients

+1

Liposuction of the chin is well tolerated by most patients with very low instance of complication or side effect. My patients are normally very pleased with the significant improvement that they get from a fairly minor procedure.  If the photo above is similar to your profile, you would probably be a great candidate for this  procedure, particularly at your age.  Liposuction performed on patients with young, elastic skin has the very best results.

Chin and neck liposuction for the jowls

+1

Liposuction of the neck can be extended to include recontouring of the jawline and jowls. This is a great procedure but cannot replace fascial tightening with a facelift to correct jowls. Both procedures can be performed in combination.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Chin liposuction can likely improve your contour

+1

Chin liposuction is safe and effective.  It can be done in the office under local anesthesia.  I frequently perform this procedure in the office with excellent results.  Please feel free to check out the before and after photos on the link below.

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon

Getting Rid of Fat Jowls?

+1

If the fat is under the chin, then submental liposuction in a young patient is a reasonable treatment.  If you truly have fatty jowls, liposuction can help in that area as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of liposuction procedures each year.  Look at the surgeon's website before and after photos to determine who will get you to your goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fatty deposits in the neck

+1

Fatty deposits in the neck are best treated with liposuction or a neck lift. The amount of fat present in the sub-mental and sub-platysmal space will determine which procedure to perform. Extensive sub-platysmal fat will require  a neck lift.  A minimal amount of sub-mental fat can be addressed with simple liposuction.  Please see the link below for examples of what liposuction and a neck lift can accomplish  in our practice

Treatment for fatty jowls

+1

In my experience, liposuction of fatty jowls in an otherwise young and healthy patient has not only been safe but reasonably successful.  To further determine if this is indeed what you may benefit from, I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon.  glad to help... @drryanstanton

Ryan Stanton, MD

Chin Liposuction using Tumescent Liposuction under local aesthesia

+1

The most successful and safest way to remove fat from the face and neck is through tumescent liposuction. This can provide more natural results than a facelift. Some positive outcomes of tumescent liposuction of the face and neck are fewer risks, scars, and rapid recovery.The ideal candidate is the patient who has realistic expectations and who will be satisfied with the results achievable by liposuction.

Norma Kassardjian, MD
Orange County Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat under chin

+1

If the fat is primarily just under your chin, then this can safely be improved with liposuction to that area.  This is a very common procedure and has low risk.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon