How Do I Get Rid Of Scar From A Dog Bite When I Was 9 Yrs Old?

The dog bite scar is relatively small (about the size of a quarter) and located on right in the middle of my mid right thigh area. While not hideous it is really distracting and because of this I always wear long pants or skirts even in warm weather when everyone else is wearing shorts. I have tried countless topical creams and Vitamin E based products and even laser procedure but it is still very prominent. Help?

How to get rid of a scar from dog bite

+2

The first thing to understand is that nothing will get "rid" of this scar.  It will be with you forever.  Dermabrasion, chemical peels, steroid injections may be beneficial at improving its appearance.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Scar removal

+2

Consider laser resurfacing treatment, such as e.g. Profractional laser therapy which can be quite effective.

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist