How Do I Get Rid Of External Scarring From A Rhinoplasty (No History of Keloids)?

I had rhinoplasty in 2010. My bridge wasn't touched (only the tip of my nose raised and the nostrils narrowed). While I love how my nose turned out, I don't like how the external incisions at the nostrils or alas/alar (not sure) healed. You can still see tiny holes left from sutures and in some areas (little pieces of suturing were left after the initial removal by mistake), the skin is a bit raised. No one can noticed from far but if they get up close, it's detectable even with make up. Help.

Rhinoplasty Scar Revision

+1

Your situation may respond to a conservative scar revision if the nostril borders can handle a little bit more reduction. Your surgeon or perhaps another would be able to tell you if this is a reasonable option. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Rhinoplasty scars

+1

You cannot "get rid of" and scar. However, there are ways to make some scars less apparent. Surgical scar revision is one option. There are also laser and topical treatments that can help make scars less noticeable.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS