How to Get Rid of Excessive Sagging in the Face from Continuous Weight Gain and Weight Loss? (photo)

I have always had a problem in keeping my body weight stable. I have an enormous amount of excess skin on my face and body. I also tend to have a very tired appearance and my eyebrows sag quite a bit. My chin contains a lot of the excess skin as well as my cheeks. Overall, my normal facial expressions have a sad/fat look and it really looks gross on me, albeit I am a skinny guy and only 21 years old. I can also stretch my facial skin very far as you can see in the photos.. Recommendations?

Loose face skin from weight fluctuation

+2

Thank you for your question about loose skin on your face and neck.

• Your skin may be loose or not. It's hard to tell from photos, 
  • Loose skin can be removed surgically with a face/neck lift
  • Neck liposuction help to define the neck, 
  • Brow lifts can lift heavy brows - sometimes too much!
  • Organic food, lots of exercise, joining groups all help weight stability. 
  • Too much cosmetic surgery too young can be regretted later on. If anything, do liposuction first. Hope this helps!

Facelift in young person

+2

Your skin has stretched some from weight gain and loss. n the photos, however, you are really pulling down on the skin. It is normal, and infact necessary, to have some excess skin on the front of the neck so that you can bend your neck backwards. There is still some excess weight and you should continue to work on this and more importantly be sure that you do not go back up in weight. I would not do any surgery on your face. Liposuction may actually the slin a bit more loose. You should consider noninvasive treatments such as Exilis which can both tighten the skin and get rid of some of the fat. This may help you out as you continue to stabilize your weight.

William LoVerme, MD

How to get rid of excess skin in the face

+2

Hi Ken, it is very unusual for a 21 year old to require any type of lifting or skin excision procedure. You appear to have a mild amount of excess fat under the chin. In my opinion, the only surgical option that would be beneficial would be lipocontouring of the neck. Lipocontouring would help to provide better jaw and neck definition. I would make sure that you consult with an experienced facial plastic surgeon to get a detailed evaluation and options.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Facial improvement

+2

Dear Ken,

Thank you for submitting your pictures. You appear to be very young. Your neck skin laxity is normal.  Your Adam's apple is well visualized. You have moderate amount of fat in the submental area and your jaw line is not defined. You have 2 options. The easy one is liposuction of the whole neck area . The more difficult way is to lose weight. I recommend to all my overweight patients to obtain the book - 'Sugar Busters' . This is not a diet book but rather a life style change. It is based on low glycemic food and reduction of Insulin secretion. It will teach you how to reduce fat production by your body. As far as brow saggyness, Botox will help you the best at this stage of your life. Consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Facial contouring procedures

+2

IMHO you are too young for any skin excising procedures.  Your skin still has good elasticity.  If you keep the weight off, instead of continuously fluctuating, your skin should tighten up over time.  The only surgery you should consider is submental liposuction.  It may improve your neckline and profile while being minimally invasive.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Excess skin of the face has to be removed surgically. Skin tightening technology doesn't work.

+2

In trying to miniaturized operations may procedures do not permit excision of surplus skin. Part of a facelift is to do a surplus skin. Unfortunately there is no nonsurgical way to do it.

21 years old and Loose Skin

+2

Your skin may have enough tone to be able to recommend submental liposuction to improve the area underneath your chin.   This may require a more formal procedure like a neck lift if the fat is deeper or if there is a skin or muscle laxity issue.  It is very unusual for a 21 year old to have enough skin to merit a skin excising procedure.  The short answer is that you need an exam so that procedures can be recommended or dismissed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Excess Skin on the Neck?

+1

Looking at the pictures you do not appear to have very much loose skin. There are, however, some possible noninvasive procedures that can help with the contouring of the neck area; surgical procedures would be a bit much for the small amount of loose skin in your situation and also at your age. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, and let him/her know your concerns so they can go over all your best options so that you can make an informed decision as to what would best for your needs. “Dr. D”

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Face lifts and eyelid/browlift surgery was not designed to correct weight loss and gain in your age group. I would concentrate on a more stable lifestyle maintaining a normal body mass index, diet, exercise. Save yourself for reconsideration in 1-2 decades. All the best.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD