How to Get Rid of Double Chin Resulting from Chin Reduction Surgery?

My doctor said i would look better if my chin was smaller so I had a chin reduction surgery. He cut off bones from both sides of my chin (not making the chin shorter). Now not only does the chin not make me look better, I have a double chin now. You cant see the double chin from the front because the chin is not shorter than before, but it is obvious when people look at my face in profile. How can I get rid of it? I just cant sleep well since the surgery. I have to remove it. Thanks a lot.

Double chin following chin reduction

+2

It is difficult to understand your condition without an examination or photographs. However, you could potentially benefit from a dermolipectomy procedure which is commonly utilized to treat the "Witch's chin" deformity. If you are young the use of suction assisted lipectomy and/or laser lipolysis could also be another minimally invasive option

Photo would be very helpful

+1

If you can post a photo, that would really help us give you more specific guidance.  But, in general, if you have extra fat left in your chin/neck, then liposuction may help. If you have loose skin causing your double-chin, then you may need some version of a necklift to fix it. 

Carmen Kavali, MD