How Can I Get Rid of Dimples Above Belly Button After Lipo?

In 2009 I had a mini tummy tuck because my problem area was loose skin and fat in the lower abdomen. My upper abdomen looked fine. But after the mini tuck, I was left with dimples just above my belly button. So now my lower abd looks tight & flat but the area around my belly button protrudes, has loose skin and dimples. The surgeon said he could try to make it look better with smart Lipo but I may need a full timmy tuck. Can a Full tuck be done after a mini tuck?

Full TT after mini TT

+1

Yes its possible. You still have some central laxity and tightening the fascia further would help along with more skin removal.

Full tummy tuck after mini tummy tuck?

+1

Yes it is possible to do a full tummy tuck after a mini tummy tuck. This will vary from patient the patient.

Mini tummy tucks are usually chosen for one of 2 reasons.

1. the problem is strictly limited to the lower abdomen
  2. There is not enough skin in the upper abdomen to reach down to the desired scar location, and the mini tummy tuck may be the best among several imperfect solutions.

I can't tell with certainty from your photo if there is enough upper abdominal skin to reach down to your incision.  If there is that is probably the best solution.  If not there may be a small vertical incision extending about an inch above the current incision. When this occurs it is often possible to excise the vertical scar and used later as the skin relaxes.

If that one-inch extension will make it difficult to wear the kind of clothing and swimwear you prefer, he may have to decide between the dimples in the incision. Good luck and best wishes

Full TT after Mini

+1

It is not always possible to do a full Tummy Tuck after a mini but you look like you might have enough tissue. Lipo does not make things tighter only thinner and a mini TT does not flatten as much as a full TT. What does your surgeon say? An examination should be able to resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Extra skin and dimpling after a mini tuck

+1

Extra skin and dimpling present after a mini-abdominoplasty is often an indication that a full tummy tuck should be performed.  Smart-lipo is unlikely to give you the complete and optimal results that a standard abdominoplasty will.  Although some skin tightening can be achieved with laser liposuction, it is not often enough to make a significant difference to someone with a lot of skin laxity.  Make sure you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a full review of your options and what can be achieved with each one.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Full Tummy tuck

+1

Yes, I think you would benefit from a full tummy tuck.  Yes, it is possible to have a full tummy tuck after having a mini tummy tuck. The tummy tuck should get rid of the loose skin and  your muscles should be put together giving you a nice tight abdomen.

Full tummy tuck after a mini tummy tuck.

+1

Yes, the full abdominoplasty can be performed after a "mini." The dimples following a mini-tummy tuck can occur if the belly button is not "floated and reattached. The difference in tension above and below the belly button can result in many different contour abnormalities. A full tummy tuck allows for complete release and redraping of the abdominal skin which creates a smooth abdominal contour.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Yes, full tummy tuck

+1

Yes, a full tummy tuck can be performed after a mini tummy tuck.  A full tummy tuck is performed in the same dissection plane as a mini tummy tuck but it extends up to the rib cage and is not tethered by the belly button.  The belly button is re-sited once the abdomen is pulled taut.  A full abdominoplasty will solve the problem of excess skin around your belly button now.

Elizabeth Kim, MD

I would suggest full tummy tuck

+1

The reason for the depression around the belly button is the excess skin and poor skin tone. You can have full tummy tuck to resolve the problem . If you look at the your abdominal tissue while in the sitting position and find extra skin, you need full tummy tuck

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon