How Do I Best Get Rid of a Depressed, Colorless Dog Bite Scar from when I Was 4?

When I was 4 years old I was bit by a dog and have a very noticeable scar that goes from mid-cheek to my top lip on my right side; I am now 24 years old. The scar is colorless and depressed and fades a bit over time as I have grown. I want to avoid cutting; however, I am VERY ready for it to be less noticeable! What do you suggest is the best option? I am white but also naturally dark complected and want to avoid discoloration or mutliple procedures. Please help!

Get Rid of a Depressed, Colorless Dog Bite Scar

The posted photo though nice really does not demonstrate the scar. Therefore my guess is use make up not surgery because the risk of a worse scar can not be forgotten. 

Depressed scars

Unfortunately, no creams remove or fix depressed scars. Any potential surgical treatment risks making your existing scar worse so you should consult with a plastic surgeon with expertise in this area. I would proceed cautiously since your dark complexion also makes surgical approaches more risky.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon