What Can I Do to Get Rid of a Deep Facial Scar Under my Left Eye It's C Shaped and Shallow? (photo)

I have a c shaped scar under my left eye due to an accident I had when I was 5 yrs old I've seen a few plastic surgeons the first one injected me with some sort of filler but I didn't see any difference the second one wanted to make an incision which helped minimize the scar on my eyebrow but its still very noticeable so I didn't schedule a follow up with him. Basically I wanna find a surgeon that can help me remove this facial scar I've had for all my life I'm tired of feeling so ugly.

Scar revision on the face

+2

The options you have been offered are the common options to improve depressed scars.

Fillers can fill out some of the hollow making the scar less noticeable. They don't always work well in scars as the scar tissue may be thick and difficult to elevate.

Cutting the scar out and stitching it neatly is always an option. There is a small chance that the new scar can stretch. Sometimes the surgeon will add a small zig-zag in the scar (a z-plasty) to breakdown the length of the scar in smaller parts to make it less obvious.

On balance, carefully surgical revision is probably the best option for your scar if you are really distressed by it.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Treatment options for scar on cheek

+2

Since you have already tried a filler on the scar on your cheek and felt it didn't help much, I would say that the other option would be to surgically revise it to try and get a scar that is less noticeable.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving a scar on the cheek that is indented

+1

There are many options for scar revision on your cheek, including lasers, subcision, and z plasty treatments to improve your scar indentation. 

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx