How Can I Get Rid of Chin Crease? (photo)

Im30 years old. I am writing to ask what i can do about the loss of volume shown in the photo. When i smile i have a fold on my chin and cheeks. Im always thinking that other people are judging me for it and its eating me up inside. although I do not show people this. Is there anything I can do?

Improving Chin Creases

+2

Chin creases can be improved by a variety of means.  If the muscles are pulling the chin in a strange way, creating a band, or causing dimpling of the chin, botox can help improve this and lessen the prominence.  Facial fillers can also play a prominent role in improvement here.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Softening Chin Crease

+1

Our office has treated hundreds of patients who look to soften cleft chins and creased mentalis musculature. Treatment nearly always involves a blend of botulinum toxin and a soft tissue filler like hyaulronic acid. Results are uniformly excellent, although depending upon the strength and severity of your creasing, yearly follow-up maintenance injections may be necessary.

Bobby Buka, MD

Facial lines

+1

The lines and grooves that occur when you smile are partly do to your facial muscles pulling down when you smile. Botox can be injected near the jaw line and upper neck where these areas are pulling, reducing the lines. 

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

You can volumize a chin crease - but should you?

+1

Dear Millie,

Thanks for asking your question. When people have a crease due to some volume deficiency they can undergo placement of a filler to fill out this area. It is important to determine if the crease is present when the face is relaxed or in a smiling pose (like the one you submitted - thanks). It is important to see both as correction for a smiling pose may create a contour irregularity in a relaxed pose. These are general principles, but specifically for you I feel that the contour you mention has taken on greater proportions than what I see in the photo provided. Simply stated, I just see a great smile... and that is my professional opinion.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

Chin Crease

+1

I don't think that the cheek creases are very pronounced. A filler can be used to improve their appearance.

Jhonny Salomon, MD

Chin creases can be filled

+1

Chin creases is one of the things that most of my patients don't notice until they see how much better they look when corrected. You can have some filler in this area and I think that you should be happy. However, I think that you are probably the only person looking at this this way. I don't think that this makes you look bad or old. It is just the way your skin drapes

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist