What Can You Do to Get Rid of Inner Buttock Fat?

I have fat in the inner part of my buttocks, which includes nice banana rolls. Note, I have had liposuction on my buttocks, literally (bad idea), and it only really corrected the outer side / lower portions of my buttocks, which leaves me with both fat inner / saggy buttocks. Help please.

Saggy inner buttocks and banana bulges are best treated with micro canulas

+2

Liposuctioning the saggy inner buttock and banana deformities do well with the microcanulas in a vertical fan technique superficially. Talk to your doc about doing a little touch up to fix the problem.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Buttock problem

+1

The problem that you are seeing with the inner buttock area may or may not be amenable with liposuction without evaluating you. You may even need a buttock lift.

Buttock liposuction

+1

Without before and after pictures, it is really difficult to come up with sound advice. It is also unusual to have liposuction of the buttock.. However, you may benefit from further liposuction to remove bulging, fat transfer to fill depressions, and buttock lift to remove and tighten skin. You may need all at the same time?

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Liposuction may be needed

+1

The better question in your case is how to correct the deformity you have. It seems you had liposuction before and you are not happy. Then see a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON and discuss what you want to achieve and how to achieve it.

You may need liposuction and fat transfer after a bad result from liposuction.

Buttock Liposuction - Careful Planning is in order

+1

Buttock surgery is MUCH more sophisticated than most people think. It requires an ability to evaluate EACH of the 4 quadrants of the buttock independently, to asses their relations to the lower back, lateral and posterior thigh and to the extent of buttock skin.

Liposuction of the buttock needs to be viewed as a structural, 3D endeavor where each procedure affects the appearance of the contiguous buttock,back and thigh structures.

As you experienced, the mere deflation of the buttock with uncalculated liposuction often results in a poorly accepted deflation/sagging of the buttock and a worse deformity than the original presenting complaint.

Liposuction of the inner/lower buttock quadrant is possible and can be done carefully along with superficial ONLY liposuction of the banana roll.

You need to be evaluated by a good Plastic surgeon. Start by checking them off at www.PlasticSurgery.org. Depending on your degree of sagging you MAY benefit from a formal Butt Lift.

Liposuction of the buttock fold is unpredictable

+1

I would recommend returning to your original surgeon. Without photos it is very difficult to give accurate advice. It is possible that your issues might be helped with an inner thigh lift. Because of issues related to wound care, this is a procedure that is best performed by a general plastic surgeon. Occasionally patients poor skin elasticity in this area, the skin simply does not shrink after liposuction. Skin resection is the best option in these circumstances.

Liposuction of the Buttocks

+1

Without pictures or examining you, it is hard to give you specific advice. However, liposuction should be helpful both medially (inner) and laterally (outer) on the buttocks. In some cases, the skin is too loose and further liposuction will only make the loose skin worse. In this case, you make need a posterior body lift or buttocks lift. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Liposuction of the buttocks

+1

If you are unhappy with the results, and if you haven't seen your sugeon yet to discuss your options, you should schedule an appointment. If you had asked already, and there is no plan, then you might consider seeing a second opinion from a surgeon who is very experienced wtih doing liposuction on the buttock. It is important to avoid the banana roll area, but light liposuction on the area of residual fullness might be very helpful. There is some evidence that the newest wavelength, 1440nm., added to SmartLipo, might give some better reduction than conventional tumescent liposuction, but it is so new that no one has long term results.

Ronald Shelton, MD