How Do I Get Rid of Burn Scars? (photo)

I accidentally spilt hot oil in my leg and I got 2nd degree burns, the burn is pretty big and it goes from around my ankle to below my knee so my shin. It's been about 7 months since I got burnt and I started to get these dark dots forming on my burn around 4 months ago and I want to know how I can get rid if the dots along with the scar without spending to much money and surgery

Treatment of dark burn scar with Melarase cream

+1

Begin treatment with Melarase cream used twice daily to reduce the pigmentation of the scars.  This will improve the hyperpigmentation and surface visibility. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Burn Scar Removal

+1

Hi Sylvie.  Because the scar is very new, we would probably use hydroquinone (6% - 8%) to start.  If the pigment did not resolve we would switch to a q-switched laser treatment.  Both are good options, but we typically use the laser for older pigment that has not faded.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD