How to Get Rid of a Botelero (Fille) Ridge Lump?

I get so confused because with Radiesse all the doctor's answers seem to say it just takes time... but sometimes they say it must be treated within the first few weeks with laser or some disolving solution. These are two opposite peices of advice and I don't know what to do. First he was putting Radiesse in my tear troughs but then after I called the next day to tell him about the yellow horizontal ridges at the injection point UNDER the tear troughs... now he says it was Botelero.

+2

Give it time to heal and massage the area, this will help the ridges settle quicker. I suggest having a follow up with your physician to make sure what was injected to the tear troughs. If more then 2-3 weeks has past, Belotero can be dissolved but radiesse can't. 

Belotero is a hyaluronic acid so it can be dissolved with hyaluronidase

+2

It would be unusual to have bumps from Belotero because its properties cause it to integrate with the skin and become rather smooth.  However, it you do have ridges, the first thing would be massaging the area.  If this weren't to work, than hyaluronidase will work fine.  Lasers don't dissolve filler.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

How to Get Rid of a Hyaluronic Acid Lump?

+1

In general, hyaluronic acid fillers (the best known are Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane and Belotero) can be "dissolved" with hyaluronidase.  That is an enzyme that neutralizes hyaluronic acid (more specifically, it breaks it down into smaller components).  That's not the same as making all of the effects of the injection go away, but it can help.  There is, unfortunately, nothing comparable for Radiesse, and I do not recommend Radiesse for the tear troughs.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Belotero to tear trough

+1

If you still have concerns after a week or two after injections, schedule a follow up. Make sure to verify the product injected-- Radiesse can not be dissolved, but Belotero can. Best of luck.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Ridges after Belotero Injection

+1

Massage amy help to reduce the ridge. Antihistamines can also be administered to decrease the ridges which are secondary to to the superficial injection of this material. 

Hyaluronidase works nicely

+1

We have used hyaluronidase in these area to dissolve hylaronic acid fillers with much success.  Make sure your treatment provider is experienced with this product.  We recommend a conservative approach.  Good luck.

Richard W. Maack, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon