How Do I Get Rid Blue Veins on the Chest?

I am 32 years old and am extremely self conscience about big blue veins on my chest? Is there a medical procedure available for this? And if so where can I go?

Vein Treatment

+1

See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Board Certified Dermatologist with a vascular laser or a BCVascular surgeon.  They can recommend the best line of therapy.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/elitemdspa

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of veins on the chest

+1

Veins on the chest may be addressed with Sclerotherapy, radio-frequency and laser therapy.  The modality used depends on the size of the veins which have to be addressed.  However, one must always be aware of the potential risk of Hyperpigmentation post treat.  While it is tolerated well by patients who get their legs treated, I think it would much more difficult to accept dark discoloration of the skin on the chest.

Manhattan General Surgeon

Vein Treatment

+1

Depending on the size and depth, vascular lesions in general respond very well to the Nd:YAG laser treatment. Often, vascular lesions can be eradicated with one treatment; however, in some cases it may require up to two treatments.  

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Veins on breast

+1

Veins on the breast and chest are drainage veins for the breast and nipple areola. they should not be removed

Chest/Breast Spider/Varicose Vein Options

+1

Spider Veins and varicose veins of the chest can be treated.  Vein treatment is similar to treatments for varicose and spider veins of the lower extremities.  Options include:

1]  Sclerotherapy with foam sclerotherapy agents.

2]  Endovenous laser ablation depending on the vein size and location

3]  Topical lasers, again depending on the size and location of the veins.

Small matts of spider veins can be treated with topical lasers, radiofrequency as well as sclerotherapy.  Ultimately, review and planning are necessary to determine the correct approach. I have seen many patients who present with large chest/breast veins after having breast augmentation surgery.  The breast implants are felt to cause pressure on the surface veins of the breast/chest wall.  Increase pressure in the surface veins causes the veins to increase in size with increased visibility.  It is difficult to appreciate the look of your new breast when the contour is mapped with visible veins. 

Chattanooga General Surgeon

Chest veins and sclerotherapy

+1

Visible, blue chest veins can usually be treated with sclerotherapy (injections of sclerosing agents directly into the veins, which leads to their eventual resorption/disappearance). It is difficult to treat these veins with vascular lasers since their diameter/depth is too great for the laser to effectively destroy them.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Chest

+1

I would need to see you before giving any advice. Small veins can be treated with injectable agents such as Asclera.

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com