How Do I Get Rid of my Baby Belly Pouch After a C-section?

I am 24 years old a mother of 1 and he is now 16 months old. I had my son by c-section; I used to have a great slim body and now I am very depressed over my baby belly pouch. I work out 5 times a weeks a eat very healthy. I would like to know how do I get rid of the pouch? I am also numb from the belly button to the top of my vagina and it's not getting any better. What do I do? Every piece of advice is very much appreciated.

Baby Pouch Gone

+2

The problem and feelings you have are very common after childbirth. You are probably an excellent candidate for mini or full tummy tuck surgery.  The choice would depend on the amount of excess skin present and your abdominal muscle tone. In either case your old C-section would be removed and every attempt made to hide your surgical scar in your bathing suit line. To find more make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Mommy Makeover or tummy tuck after pregancy

+2

most women who have had several babies are usally good candidates for a tummy tuck. abdominoplasty removes loose excess abdominal skin while tightening the muscles. when a tummy tuck is combined wiht a breast augmentation surgery, it is called a mommy makeover.

Web reference: http://www.beautifulself.com/gallery/18/1/tummytuck.htm

Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

I see many patients like yourself who are very frustrated in that ,despite  aggressive diet and exercise,  they are not able to get rid of the abdominal wall “pouch”. Unfortunately, sometimes there is no  alternative  other than acceptance or tummy tuck surgery. Liposuction, in these cases, only leaves patients disappointed.

I was just consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon after you have completed pregnancies. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Belly pouch

+1

Just what to do depends on how big this pouch is.Maybe some simple liposuction is all that is needed.Perhaps a simple scar revision with lipo or maybe a mini abdominoplasty.It depends on the degree of deformity.The numbness hopefully will go away soon.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Getting rid of baby belly pouch

+1

I can understand your frustration. Even after losing all the baby weight, one can be left with a "baby belly pouch."  This can be due to excess skin and/or excess fat.  If it is mostly due to excess fat, liposuction may be a good option.  However, if it is due to excess skin, you will need a tummy tuck.  If you are done having babies, visit a plastic surgeon for a consultation.  She/he will be able to guide you to the right option for you.

Belly after C-section

+1

If you have excess skin hanging over your C-section scar and have a "pouch", you may benefit from a tummy tuck which will remove the excess skin and tighten your abdominal muscles.  The numbness is quite common after a C-section and may not improve that much since it's already been 16 months.  I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon to review your surgical options (tummy tuck vs mini-tummy tuck +/- liposuction).

Dr. Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Abdominoplasty or Liposuction?

+1

Several factors will determine what procedure would address your concerns. First off, are you planning on having more children? If so, I always advise my patients to wait as you will likely have to repeat the process again.  You may be a candidate for liposuction or an abdominoplasty. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns. Upon examination, your surgeon will be able to make the final recommendation.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Roll Over Lower Abdominal Scar. What to do?

+1

Liposuction will greatly improve the pouch and may be all you need there.  If you have appreciable skin excess a mini tummy tuck may also help.  Do not have a full tummy tuck till after all children.  See an ABPS CERT. Surgeon.

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

How Do I Get Rid of my Baby Belly Pooch ?

+1

Regarding: "How Do I Get Rid of my Baby Belly Pouch After a C-section?
I am 24 years old a mother of 1 and he is now 16 months old. I had my son by c-section; I used to have a great slim body and now I am very depressed over my baby belly pouch. I work out 5 times a weeks a eat very healthy. I would like to know how do I get rid of the pouch? I am also numb from the belly button to the top of my vagina and it's not getting any better. What do I do? Every piece of advice is very much appreciated
"

If you are done having children, you can get your Before Babies body back with a Full Tummy Tuck. A Tummy Tuck will bring the separated tummy muscles together, narrow the waist, remove all loose skin including all stretch mark damaged skin under the belly button and raise a sagging Mons pubis.'

To read more follow the link below.

Dr. Peter Aldea

C-section pooch

+1

16 months after a C-section it is quite normal to be numb from the incision.  If the numbness is only from the incision up to the belly button then it's very likely to be directly related to the cut that included the nerves.  If other areas are numb, such as your mons pubis or labia, then the ilioinguinal nerves or the genitofemoral nerves may have been stretched to the point where they were injured.  Typically this sensation returns, however, it may not.  If you get pregnant again you will be able to feel your baby kicking inside but you that area may continue numb on the surface (just the skin).  Some patients mention the sensation to improve after subsequent pregnancies.

There are many ways to improve that area aesthetically and they range from suction to a mini or full tummy tuck.  Visit your board certified plastic surgeon for details on exactly what is best for you.  Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.doctormeade.com