How to Get Rid of Acne and Post-inflammatory Hyperpigmentation

I'm a african american who is 20 years old who still get really bad acne which follow into post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. it is all over my fore head, chin, and cneeks its even growing on my back. i don't use much chemical products only dove soap to wash my face. im not drak skin nor to light. the ance and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation have gotten worst

Acne and Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation

+1

It is important to visit a dermatologist for treatment of your acne, in order to prevent the further development of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.  I often recommend that my patients who are prone to post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation use topical prescription medications, such as Tazorac and Finacea, which address both active acne and lighten post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation.  These topical medications are most effective when used in combination with oral therapy, such as oral antibiotics, when considered appropriate by your dermatology.  In-office treatments, such as LED light therapy, Isolaz acne therapy, and chemical peels, are also safe and effective for the treatment of acne and PIH (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation) in skin of color.

Do not pick

+1

My suggestions: 1. See a dermatologist to get on an anti-acne skin care program. 2. Use a braod spectrum sunscreen to prevent darkening of the post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. 3. Do not pick or squeeze. 4. Finally, to fade the spots Talk to your dermatologist about lunchtime or SilkPeels 

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist