Mini Vs. Full? Breast Lift or Augmentation? Body Lift? Help!

I lost a significant amount of weight without surgery over the course of several years. I've been stable at a size 4 for two years now, and would like to get rid of the loose, hanging pouch of skin on my abdomen. I'm thin everywhere else, I've just got this loose overhang. It comes down about two to three inches and you can grab a loose handful of abdominal skin. It isn't fat, just loose skin. My breasts are the same way, loose and empty. When bunched together in a bra, they're a 36C.

Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement

+1

If you have a loose hanging pouch of the abdomen, then you will need a tummy tuck.  The most important part of the tummy tuck is not the skin excision but the underlying fascia repair.  Fascia hold us together when our muscles are not contracting.  People who have had large weight loss will have weakened fascia.  I recommedn reinforcing the fascia with mesh.  You are a candidate for a new procedure called Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement.  Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs.  In regards to your breasts, if you are happy with size 36 C then you do not need implants.  If you want to be bigger then you will require implants.  From your description you will need a breast lift.  There is a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift, which lifts your breasts without the ugly vertical scars such as lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions.  Using this technique, the breasts are elevated higher on the chest wall, cleavage is increased and you will have long term stablity by transferring the weight of the breast to the underlying muscle.  You may be a candidate for this technique.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Mini Vs. Full? Breast Lift or Augmentation? Body Lift?

+1

It is hard to give useful advice without adequate information. For this site, photos would help, though never as much as an actual in person  evaluation. Knowing height, weight, age would also help.

It sounds like for certain you would benefit from a tummy tuck, which would improve your overhanging skin. Depending on the appearance of the back and flanks, extending that to a belt lipectomy (lower body lift) might be in order. 

As to the breasts, a lift sounds in order. Without an exam it is hard to tell if an implant would be advised to maintain or to increase your size. 

Great work on the weight loss, congratulations. When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank your for your question, best wishes.

Best Body Contouring Options will depend on the details...

+1

Hi there-

It is going to be critical to your safety and your happiness that you understand that taking a "one-approach-for-all" attitude is a grave mistake to make.

In other words, it is very important that your care and strategy be customized to your exact and individual situation. 

As such, it would not be responsible for me to make recommendations to you without the benefit of a consultation and an examination, as well as a review of options.

There are many important details that will affect your  safety and outcome- choose a few excellent surgeons and visit for consultations.

Armando Soto, MD

Plastic Surgery After Weight Loss

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.  It seems that you would be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck, breast lift with likely implants, and possibly a lower body lift.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery can help you decide which procedures are most appropriate for you.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Almost always need a full tummy tuck and a breast lift with implants

+1

In general, most patient I have seen that have lost more than 80-100 lbs in weight have significant laxity in all their tissues.  Only a breast lift and a full tummy tuck, often an extended tummy tuck or lift, is needed to remove all the excess skin.  Tightening of the deep tissues is needed as well.  Furthermore, many massive weight loss patients need further body contouring surgery such as arm and thigh lifts, facelifts, and torso lifts as well to complete the process.  The surgery that you mention is by far the most common 1st step that weight loss patients want performed, so you are in common company.  Many times, weight loss patients are not prepared enough prior to bariatric surgery what their bodies will look and feel like after the weight is lost.  This can create significant depression that may not be "cured" with surgery.  Thus it is a process that starts before bariatric surgery onward.

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring surgery after significant weight loss

+1

Without photos or a face to face examination it is impossible to say what your best option(s) is/are. If you can grab a fist full of loose abdominal skin an abdominoplasty is most likely a good option. Deflated breasts with extra skin can be hard to evaluate even at a face to face examination with respect to breast lift vs. augmentation.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Breast Lift

+1

First there is no such thing as MINI Breast Lift.

There are several techinics for breast lifts with and without a breast implant. If some one is trying to sell you a mini breast lift, run away.

After physical examination and measurements and understanding the size, shape of the breast you desire one can discuss with you all the options available. If animplant is to be used then you need to choose the size, the type of implant the shape of implant and the placement of the implant. Discuss the pros and cons of each approach, the risks and the cost.

the same is true for the abdomen. One needs to examine the abdomen the skin laxity in both the horizantal and verical planes. Wssess the condition of the muscles then one can discuss all the options available to you and draw a plan that you will be comfortable and happy with.