Do I need a breast lift or just an augmentation after breastfeeding? What should I do about my excess tummy skin? (Photo)

I am a very petite 5', 108 lbs 29 year old mom of 3. I nursed each of my babies for 2 years. Before my children I was a natural 34 DD. Now my breasts are saggy and deflated. will I need a lift and implants to get back to my 34DD, or just implants? I have some excess skin above my belly button. What are my options? I had heard of a reverse upper tummy tuck where the skin would be pulled and sutured in the breast folds. When I pull up on my skin, my tummy has that flat smooth look again. Options?

Would need a consultation to say for sure.

+3
From your photos, it appears you have a small amount of ptosis(nipple droop) although its hard to tell from your pictures about your left breast.  With the minimal amount of droop you appear to have, an implant alone may suffice to restore your upper breast volume and lift the nipple slightly.   You may however require a small breast lift, its really hard to say for sure without an examination.  Either way you appear be an excellent candidate and should expect a great result. 

Regarding the stomach, I personally am not a fan of the reverse abdominoplasty;  It often tightens less than a full abdominoplasty,  leaves a conspicuous scar in a very visible location, and you cannot tighten the abdominal muscles.  I would recommend either performing a standard abdominoplasty or trying a non-invasive skin tightening procedure such as trusculpt.  Granted the non-invasive skin tightening is no where as aggressive as abdominoplasty, but you currently have a pretty nice abdomen.  You just have to decide if a well hidden scar in your bikini line is worth having a tighter abdomen.  

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Dual plane breast augmentation may be all that you need. Please leave your beautiful tummy alone

+2
congratulations you'll look absolutely fantastic for having to children.  I think your abdomen looks beautiful and you should not scar it with surgery.

Based on your photographs you may well only need a dual plane breast augmentation.  There is a small possibility you may need a small lift but I would do your breast augmentation first and only consider a lift if after 3-4 months you feel that you need it.

Congratulations on your excellent shape please fine a very experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast implants or lift

+2
Thank you for your question about breast augmentation.

• You have a lovely figure and three children - well done!
  • Your photo does not suggest the need for a lift,
  • You have lost a lot of breast tissue from pregnancy and breast feeding,
  • You will need a larger implant, the exact size depends on your goals and chest anatomy,
  • You will want to consider sizers between 500 and 600 cc.
  • As for a reverse tummy tuck - maybe something can be done with a breast crease incision but the reverse tummy tuck goes against gravity and can be disappointing.
  • See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a face-to-face exam to decide if it's what you want.
  • You may get a little upper body tightening from the implants. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Through the same incision, implants can be placed.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.At size 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal.For your abdomen, I recommend an abdominoplasty or mini abdominoplasty.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast surgery

+1
Thank tou for your question and congratulations on staying in such good shape after three children. First of all it is tough for me to appreciate from the pictures any extra skin that surgery could assist with for your body shape. However a full exam could help in the matter. 
Secondly, in terms of your breasts, an implant alone would wotrk well to provide the shape and size you desire. Using advanced techniques during this surgery you could avoid a lift. An exam in person would be most helpful to discuss your situation. Best wishes.

Matthew G. Stanwix, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift or just an augmentation after breastfeeding? What should I do about my excess tummy skin?

+1
Great for you having 3 children and looking soooo good! I might stage your operations. First offer a larger volume implant, i.e. 500 cc range. See how you recover. Than if needed a lifting operation if warranted. As for the tummy, need better views to decide... 

Breast augmentation and lift after breastfeeding

+1
Dear City Lights,
Let's start by saying that you have an amazing body after having three children and sometimes the enemy of good is perfect.  You will certainly benefit from a lift along with your breast augmentation.  But you need to seriously consider the risks and benefits of tightening your abdominal skin.  Consultation with an American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeon will better define your goals, expectations and options.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Augmentation

+1
You look as if you took fine care of yourself during and after your pregnancies. To return to your original size,I recommend that you consult a board certified plastic surgeon who you are comfortable with.  From your pictures you may be happy with an augmentation alone or an augmentation with a slight lift.  I would not recommend a reverse TT to improve the slight loosening of the skin of your upper abdomen.

John M. Griffin, MD

Most mommies need mommy makeover

+1
You need a mommy makeover.  Tummy tuck and breast augmentation with silicone gel implants placed in front of your muscles will restore your breasts and tummy. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Depends on your goals.

+1
If the size is ok but just droopy then a lift would work. But if the size is to small then you would want an augmentation. Finally if you want the perky bigger and tighter skin look you very well my need both. I recommend a picture of what you would like them to look like to help your plastic surgeon help you with those choices. It usually helps me a lot in counseling patients. Also I have the vectra 3d imaging system to help patients see for themselves what each choice may look like.  

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon