BA Feb 19: Are they looking normal? (Photo)

I had a BA Feb 19. I had 300 ccs in my left and 325 in my right. The swelling in my left has gone down considerably, but my right is still very swollen and firm. Its bigger than the left. I think I may have pulled the right a little when getting a pillow. Do they look normal? The bruising under the incision? The blue line coming from my boob is marker. I want to make sure I haven't given myself a hematoma.

Looks good

+1
It looks like you're doing well just from the photos and info you've provided. If the swelling you describe appeared suddenly and is new, then you should see your surgeon. However, swelling and firmness that has been around since shortly after your surgery is probably normal. 

+1
Thank you for your question. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you (in any responsible fashion) with specific enough advise to be truly helpful. Given your concerns, you'll be best off seeking follow-up with your plastic surgeon, earlier that already scheduled if necessary, for in person evaluation.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Breast implant results

+1
You have a nice looking result so far.  I believe your upper pole fullness will decrease in the coming months as the swelling subsides and the skin stretches slightly.  Good luck.

David Stoker, MD

Breast Augmentation look after surgery

+1
It is not uncommon to have one breast seem larger than the other side from swelling.  It appears your post op recovery is normal, but your surgeon can evaluate that.  Also on looking at your photos, your body seems turned possibly due to the angle of the camera, or maybe some Scolosis which can also bring out the differences in your 2 breasts.  Dr. Costanzo, Thousand Oaks, CA.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

BA Feb 19: Are they looking normal?

+1
Again over the internet we can ONLY guess on the post operative course. Which appears OK. But best to have closer follow up with your chosen surgeon../// 

Breast Augmentation Post-Operative Appearance

+1
Your photos do not suggest that you have a hematoma, but your surgeon can examine you to be sure.  Swelling is very normal at this stage.  It is also very normal to have more swelling on one side more than the other.  Are you right-handed?  Many times I will see the implant remain a little more swollen and sometimes a little higher for a longer period of time due to the tighter, more developed pectoralis muscle on the dominant side.  Follow your surgeon's advice and you will do well.

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Concern about Breast Appearance Several Days after Augmentation

+1
  • Based on the photos that you have provided, it appears that you are healing up just fine. 
  • It is common to have more swelling on one side compared to the other after breast augmentation. 
  • Please keep in mind that 6 days after breast augmentation is very early on, and it takes weeks for all of the swelling to resolve completely. 
  • Definitely meet with your plastic surgeon, and he/she will be able to reassure you. 
  • Thanks for sharing!

Joshua Cooper, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

+1
Your breast augmentation is only a few days old. It looks pretty reasonable at this point. It will take a few months to settle down as well.

Breast Augmentation: Do they look normal?

+1
Your breasts appear to be normal at this stage of the healing process, but a physical examination by your plastic surgeon will be required to rule out a hematoma.  Bruising and swelling are normal after surgery and your breasts will each heal at a different rate. Follow up with your plastic surgeon if you have further questions or concerns.  

Rafi S. Bidros, MD, FACS

Everything appears ok

+1
For an exam to confirm there is nothing else going on please contact your surgeon.  Muscular swelling and breast swelling can be very uncomfortable just after surgery.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS