Pollybeak Return After a Year?

I had open rhinoplasty about 10-11 months a go, and after about 4-5 month I started to develop a pollybeak, my nose got injected with steroids 3 times since then and my pollybeak is pretty much gone. I'm little worried if it can ever come back again? Does that ever happen, after 11 months after rhinoplasty?

Pollybeak Deformity Resolution with Steroid Injection

+1

A pollybeak deformity that resolves with steroid injection in a rhinoplasty almost a year out will likely not return and was due to scar or swelling and not structural deformity.

Pollybeak

+1

If the pollybeak deformity responds to a steroid injection then the deformity is related to scar tissue build up. The steroid will help "dissolve" the scar and usually once this has happened it is unusual that it would return. If it was related to a cartilage issue then the streoid would be of no help and a secondary procedure would be necessary.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Pollybeak in rhinoplasty

+1

It is unlikely that it will come back at 11 months or longer.  What you might have seen at 4-5 months was a little bit of regression of tip support in combination with a little bit of supratip swelling/scaring.  The steroid helped reduce the supratip fullness from the swelling/scaring.  So I think you are at steady state at 11 months meaning I think it is unlikely you will see additional tip regression and it is unlikely you will see increaed fullness in the surpatip.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Can a polly beak return?

+1

Based on what you describe, it is very unlikely the polly beak will return.  I would recommend discussing any post-operative concerns with your surgeon, as he/she knows the extent of your surgery and the details of your follow-up treatments with steroids. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Polly beak and return

+1

If the polly beak issue resolved and you are now 11 months out from surgery, it is extremely unlikely to return.

Pollybeak should not return after healing

+1
No, the pollybeak, or supratip as it is called, will not return after full healing. Once the scar has matured, about one year, the nose is set.