Left Side “Pulled” after SMAS (photos)

I had a SMAS facelift 12 days ago (December 12). My right side seems to be healing very well, but my left side looks and feels “pulled”. The doctor says that eventually it will even out. Should I be concerned at this point?

Updated from "Extreme tightness after SMAS neck lift with platysmaplasty and liposuction?"

SMAS facelift- early recovery time

+2
Thanks for your photos.

It is still to early to determine your final result.  It does appear you are more swollen on one side and you should follow up with your plastic surgeon.  Often times one side will swell more and then this gradually evens out.  If fluid is present it should be drained.

I hope this is helpful

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Facelift asymmetry

+2
At 12 days its too early to make any final determination. However, I would have your surgeon check to make sure that area of fullness on the left side is not a collection of fluid or blood that he can drain with a needle.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry 2-weeks after a facelift - should you be worried?

+2
You are at a very early stage after your surgery, so it is too soon to worry that this will be a permanent effect. I suspect your plastic surgeon is right to say that it will even out.
I would discuss with him/her whether they feel massaging your cheek would be a good idea - it is something I recommend to my patients at about 2-3 weeks after their facelift. It really helps to soften and smooth out any irregularities such as yours.
I'm sure all will be fine very soon.

Marc Pacifico, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Pulled appearance after a facelift

+2
Too early to worry about it.  Occasionally two sides might look different immediately after a facelift, but will look perfectly fine after everything heals. Give it a couple of month to smooth out. Best wishes!

Konstantin Vasyukevich, MD

Two weeks after facelift

+2
Two weeks after facelift is too soon to see the final result. You have to give it several months to heal and for the swelling to subside.

Healing from facelift

+2
It is too soon to be concerned, your doctor is right here. Trust the person you chose to do your surgery and follow closely with them through the healing process. Frequently, one side will heal differently from the other early on, evening out later.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Pulled effect should imaafter SMAS liftp should improvero with timeve should improve with time

+1
It is very early after your facelift and the fold area that you see should improve with time.  It may be that the skin is folded do the upward pole of the lift.  Please ask your surgeon if massage may help.  Also see your surgeon and be certain that you do not have a hematoma in this area.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

"Pulled" Facelift

+1
Thank you for the pictures.  12 days after surgery is too early to be concerned about the final result. This should improve with time.  It may represent some swelling.  Frequent follow ups with your PS is the best course of action at this point.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

12 days post SMAS Facelift

+1
Thank you for the photos.  You are too early to make any statements about long term results.  There will be swelling, but one has to also look for fluid accumulation, etc.  Best to inform your surgeon about your concerns.  Together you will make a plan to get through the post operative course.  

Jeffrey Roth, MD