11 days post op CO2 laser resurfacing, I have really dry skin. Is this normal?

I had CO2 laser resurfacing on my face 11 days ago. All the peeling's done now, but the skin on my cheeks is so dry that it feels like sandpaper. I only just stopped using the vaseline (it was causing me to break out) and started using an aloe vera gel but it gets absorbed within minutes and my skin is just as dry. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to get my skin back to normal?

Co2- dry skin

+2
Yes- it is completely normal to have dry skin after a Co2 treatment. To help prevent dry skin from this procedure I recommend my patients use Aquaphor by Eucerin. If you find that the Aquaphor is to heavy for your skin I would then recommend the Hydrating Complex by Alyria. Both of these products will help to calm and soothe your skin.
I hope this information helps!

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Operative CO2 Laser Care

+2
This is very normal, you have new baby skin growing back and its sensitive to anything in the environment and that is put on your face.  I have a very strict protocol for my patients.  After 7-10 days I have patients using a skin care routine that is tailored to their skin type/tone/pigment ect.  If you are very dry, OTC Cerave cream is typically a good go to but if you want higher quality, SkinMedica's Dermal Repair Cream.  I typically have all patients at this point on a Vitamin C and growth factor serum in the AM and retinol in the PM.  I suggest you speak to your dermatologist or plastic surgeon about proper skin care post operatively.  Sunprotection is essential to prevent against hyperpigmentation as well.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CO2 laser resurfacing

+1
You can try Cetaphil or Cerave Cream. Both are good moisturizers that do not clog pores (non-comedogenic). I also recommend a gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser or Cerave Hydrating Cleanser.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist