Your Thoughts on Ribbon Lift?

What's the latest thought on ribbon lifts? Things move on so quickly, are surgeons happy with Ribbon liift?

Ribbon lift results are temporary

+2

A ribbon lift is a form of a thread or string lift and gives only temporary results. Many patients are very dissatisfied with the results of these type of lifts, which only address loose skin temporarily. A full, comprehensive face/neck lift addresses excess fat in the neck both above and below the platysmal muscle, tightening the platysmal both underneath the Adam’s apple as well as behind the jawline and the posterior portion of the neck to redefine the jawline and remove excess skin.

Enough With The Facelift Gimmicks

+2

The new catchy phrases are all euphemisms for a poor quality facelift.

You just need to find a good facelift surgeon and ask to talk to their patients who have had this surgery. Consult with at least two surgeons and then go with your gut.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

See a plastic or facial plastic surgeon who is a facelift specialist.

+2

There are pros and cons to the use of the ribbon lift. It is only an adjunct and depends on the experience of the surgeon, which is what counts the most--not the name of a procedure.

Ribbons : neck yes, face no

+2

Hello Roslaynda,

I think that most Surgeons on both sides of the pond would agree that ribbon lifts have been disappointing for most patients when used to address the lower thirds of the face - an area that is more successfully addressed with some form of facelift surgery.

However many recent articles have been published supporting the use of ribbons in the neck area in order to improve "turkey necks". I personally only use ribbons as an adjunct support mechanism for open cheek lifts, but it certainly seems that the anatomy of the lateral neck would respond nicely to utilizing ribbons.

Dr. Kamran Jafri

Kamran Jafri, MD

Ribbon Lift

+2

Might be my practice, but I seem to see a number of unhappy patients who are complaining of dimpling, contour difference from one side to the other (asymmetry), marginal results, ability to feel the ribbon.

I am sure there are a number of very happy patients whom I do not see. Sorry I cannot give you a first hand account. New technology is fantastic, when used appropriately and when long term results demonstrate significant results.

My recommendation is to schedule an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs a significant number of facial plastic surgery cases and preferrably for you one who performs facial surgery with the ribbon device.

Good Luck!

Dr. C

John Philip Connors III, MD, FACS

Ribbon Lift is another gimmick

+1

Restoration of youth to the face is a complicated endeavor. The profession is filled with catchy phrases "ribbon", "lunchtime", "thread", "mini", "lifestyle", etc. etc. etc. The results of any aesthetic procedure is determined by one variable almost exclusively--the surgeon.

Rather than look for a specific operation that's fashionable, look for a good surgeon. Trust him to use whatever technique to give you the results that you want.