Does Rib Removal Leave Big Noticable Scars?

I want to get rib removal but I don't want to get big scars on my body, does rib removal surgery leave deep scar and can they fade away over time?

Rib removal

+1

If you do it via an incision directly over the rib the scar would be very noticeable. If you did it via an abdominoplasty incision the scar would be covered by your undergarments and no different than for a regular abdominoplasty. It would not be safe without direct visual exposure by the surgeon necessitating the need for a big incision. You would have to take our more rib than is usually removed for reconstruction purposes in order to change the body outline. The question is why do you want rib removal and what do you think it will do for you.

Rib removal

+1

I do not know any surgeons that  remove a rib for any reason but for reconstruction.  I use it for rhinoplasty and it does leave a moticeable albeit small scar on the chest.