Rib Pain 2 Months Post Op Breast Reduction?

I had my breast reduction/lift a little over 2 months ago and the past week I have been having a pain in my ribs under my right breast. It feels like bruised ribs and slightly swollen and tender to the touch. When I lift my right arm over my head it feels like something is pulling and really tight and pinches. The right breast is still puckered on the bottom of the vertical incision that goes down from the areole. (I have the lollipop incision.) please help! I'm freaking out!

Pain with Breast Reduction

+1

Being only 2 months Post-Op, you may be experiencing many changes both physically and emotionally.  This is common.  Over the next few months, your breasts will most likely settle in nicely.  Don't freak out.  Follow up with your surgeon so he can examine you to rule out infection and ease your concerns.  Best of luck!

Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction discomfort ok

+1

Two months following a reduction your discomfort should start to be less severe. Your surgeon would be best to describe why the discomfort might be there. Often times the lateral disection can go down to the chest wall and can cause more pain. The puckering is also common and normally becomes flat. This however might take several months. Hang in there!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Rib pain following a breast reduction

+1

There is no  reason to get freaked out at this early stage.   Initial wound healing is by contraction and the vertical scar can, does and will get tight and this may be the cause of your pain.  If you have any concerns it is time to see your surgeon.  

Rib pain after breast reduction

+1
From the posting, it is difficult to determine the cause of the pain and whether it is related to a potential surgical complication. See your plastic surgeon in followup to rule out a delayed infection, an internal stitch reaction or other cause. Feel better.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

+1

Thanks for the question. If this pain is there right from the beginning then there is a good  chance for it to settle down Having said this I know I am doing this without images and without examination and therefore your own PS is your best adviser and not our remarks. I know that 2 months post operative if this is something new then its not the surgery but trauma caused later that could be any thing like violet physical exertion in any form. I wish you all the best.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Rib pain afeter reduction

+1

It is very difficult to give you a fair and reasonable anser to this without seeing you and eexamining you in person. Best to see your surgeon.

Concerns after Breast Reduction?

+1

Although well-meaning online consultants may be tempted to provide you with a diagnosis and or advice,  only your plastic surgeon will be in the position to do so in a meaningful fashion. In other words, direct physical examination will be necessary to rule out complications ( your description of new onset swelling, tenderness/pain is concerning for infection).

I would suggest that you follow-up with your plastic surgeon ASAP  for evaluation.