Septo Rhino Done Jan 2011 With Rib Cartilage, and I'm Having Pain Where The Doctor Did the Extraction?

I had a septo rhinoplasty done jan 2011, with a rib cartilage extraction and I'm am still having pain where the doctor did the extraction . Also I just went back in march to have the warped cartilage shaved down ..is that common to have it warp and still have pain in the rib area

Rib grafts

+1
I usually use a rib graft for revision rhinoplasties, when other sources of cartilage have been depleted.  This is usually in patients who have had a prior rhinoplasty, and have already had ear and septal cartilage used.

All cartilage grafts can warp, but rib grafts seems especially prone to do so.  The donor site is also well known to be a painful.  This can take time to improve, but generally does.

I would recommend that you see your board certified plastic surgeon for further evaluation. 

Rib grafts

+1

I personally dont like rib grafts for the reasons you gave.They warp and the donor site hurts for a long time

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

+1

You might want to contact and go see the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Rhinoplasty for evaluation of the donor area.