Does Rib Cartilage Shrink and Become Softer over Time?

I had nasal vault reconstruction with homograft two weeks ago and can breath much better. Does the graft material shrink down and become softer over time? My nose is quite rigid and wider than I had expected, although I am not unhappy. I am just wondering what to expect over the next several months in regards to changes in size and consistency of the grafts.

Rib cartilage is the least likely to shrink

+1
There are changes that take place with every kind of graft, including rib cartilage that, especially if it came from you, is perhaps the least likely to shrink with time.  At just 2 weeks post op, there are likely going to be a number of changes that take place over the next 6 months.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon