Rib Cartilage Harvest Scar Repair?

Dear Doctors, I underwent revision rhinoplasty with rib cartilage grafts roughly 2 years ago. The cartilage harvest portion of the operation has left my chest structure distorted and flat in the area where the cartilage was harvested. I am an athletic male with an athletic body and this is VERY bothersome for me. Is It possible to regrow the cartilage on my rib bones and return my chest to normal? Thank you kindly for any answers to my dilemma.

Chest defect following cartilage harvest

+1

Thank you for your question. It not uncommon to see a depression on the chest wall following cartilage harvest. If this is a big concern, my advise would be fat injection to the depressed area. 

Rib Cartilage Harvest Scar Following Rhinoplasty

+1

If there is a scar in the skin this can be revised. Fillers such as Radiesse or a more  permanent correction with fat injections can be used to improve the chest contour.

Rib cartilage defect for rhinoplasty

+1

This is a perfect job for fat grafting. The fat in athletes is taken from the flank and injected in the contour defect. A phenomenon I cant explain is the injected fat feels like the tissue it is replacing...It wont feel soft like fat.For example when the nose  is injected with fat for a dent  and when healed it feels like nose not fat. Strange .

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Rib cartilage Graft

+1

You need to have in person consult, to evaluate the defect and what are the options, May consider fat grafting.