Can Anything Be Done? S/P Symmastia Repair (photo)

I have a complicated history. Had first BA in 1988 silicone overs 280cc. Developed symmastia quickly but PS said nothing he could do. Never even said what is was and I was young. He has since given up his license. Flash forward to 2008. Replaced with 320cc Allergan Saline HP unders. Have internal sutures which I hate too. HP too narrow too. My question is: I want the best possible outcome. I know I need a lift. What else would you suggest? Can the loose skin btw my breasts ever be flat?

Tenting between the breasts

+1

The tenting seem unnoticeable (almost) on the photo on the right. Are you doing something intentional to do this?

It would be interesting to see if the tenting improves with arms overhead--this may indicate improvement can be expected with a breast lift. 

At this stage, I think you would benefit from a full anchor pattern breast lift, and en exchange for lower profile implants. If the tenting does not improve with the lift alone, the incisions can be carried accross to the center and the skin excess excised, but that in trade-off for an incision that often remains red and thick. 

All this is way too complicated to plan based on photos alone. Best to be seen in person for a consultation. 

All the best. 

Can Anything Be Done? S/P Symmastia Repair

+1

You will need a breast lift with creative skin redraping and fat grafting to give you a better look.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast implant revisions and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Sternal skin issue

+1

You appear to have excexx skin of the medial chesrt alogn the sternum. This is almost like a web and is very difficult to correct without leaving a scar on the central chest area.  Best to be seen in person.

+1

Basically you do not have a symmastia. Your issue is the fold of skin in lower mid section of your breasts. It could be caused by the weight of the implants plus your own skin effect. I do not know of any surgery that can alleviate this issue besides a scar causing excision. Sorry. 

Breast Enlargement, Board Certified, Fat Transfer Breast, Nipntuck Breast Enlargement, Silicone Gel implants, Saline Implants

+1

I am sorry to hear of you multiple surgeries.  Your breast appearance seems to reveal that your implants are a bit too high and lateral.  Implants can only take you so far.  You might be better served by replacing or removing your implants and add a fat transfer.  This method of breast enlargement and reconstruction can shape your breast in infinite ways not possible with implants.

Ralph W. Bashioum, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Options for Synmastia and thin Tissue

+1

I would tell you there is hope, seek someone with experience in performing a Strattice Sling to help support the implants, thicken your tissue and prevent recurrent mal position of your implants and you could avoid a lift. I would also probably recommend changing implants to a different profile, lower profile if you want to stay the same size, good luck and ask LOTS of questions and ask about experience with this type of procedure, I have had great success with it.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

#BreasAugmentation #Revision #Synmastia

+1

From your photos, it appears that your only option for correction of the issues you complain of would involve a lift and the strategic removal of excess skin. It is impossible to tell you more from a photo alone, but it is possible that you could see some improvement. The excess skin centrally (it already appears someone tried to remove the redundant skin) will be a challenge to correct. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Revisionary Breast Surgery Options?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the difficult time you have had with breast surgery. I think that your best bet is to seek in person consultation with a few well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate a significant experience helping patients with revisionary breast surgery. I would suggest that you make a file with your operative reports,  and share them during the consultation process.

You are correct in that skin “tenting” along the cleavage area may be difficult, if not impossible to correct. However, given that it appears that you already have a scar crossing the midline at the level of your inframammary folds, there may be options to consider.  You may find the attached link helpful to you as you do your research.

I would not give up hope if I were you.  Best wishes.