Will I Be a Good Candidate for Tummy Tuck with Muscle Repair? (photo)

I'm 5"3 and 155 lbs, I like my flat upper belly, I'm afraid of bulge after a tummy tuck and looking boxy, I have curves now will a tummy tuck make me look boxy and will get rid most of my stretch marks and also will I be at risk for keloid scar.

How does Tummy Tuck affect stretch marks?

+2

Based on your photos, I think you would have a nice result from a full tummy tuck.  During the surgery the abdominal muscles are tightened and the skin and fat below the belly button are removed.  You have some stretch marks above the belly button - those will still be present, but will be moved to a lower position on your abdomen.  I do not expect a tummy tuck to make you look boxy.  Keloids and hypertrophic scars can be difficult to predict.  If this has been an issue for you in the past (especially after surgical procedures), it is possible that it could happen again.  Excessive scarring is more common in non-Caucasian people.  We do have treatment options for women with scarring problems, but it would be best to discuss this with a board-certified plastic surgeon during your consultation.

Web reference: http://www.advancedplasticsurgerysolutions.com/services/body/tummy-tuck/

Good Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+2

If you are otherwise healthy, a tummy tuck will really improve your waistline and appearance.  A tummy tuck will remove all of the stretch marks from the bikini line all the way to just above the belly button.  In your case, you have stretch marks that are significantly higher than your belly button.  Those will remain post-op but will be much lower in location.  

With regards to keloid scars, women of color and asian women are at higher risk than caucasian patients.  If you do not have a history of keloid scars; however, the overall risk is low.

Tummy tuck candidate

+2

Yes, you look like a good candidate for tummy tuck / abdominoplasty.  The surgery will remove your extra skin and all the stretch marks below your belly button.  I would suggest making an appointment for a consultation with a local board certified plastic surgeon.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Tummy Tuck and Flank Liposuction

+1

You will get a nice improvement from a tummy tuck.  Flank liposuction will improve the boxy look and will give you a much nicer result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuctions each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Tummy tuck candidate

+1

I believe, at least from your photos, that the operation could help improve this area.  It would be best to consult with a board certified surgeon.  

Tummy Tuck

+1

A tummy tuck (also called abdominoplasty) is a very popular cosmetic surgery procedure. A tummy tuck can be an effective tool for shaping and sculpting the body for better body appearance and improved self esteem.
Sometimes no amount of diet and exercise can create a flat tummy. Tummy tuck plastic surgery actually tightens abdominal muscles and removes excess fat and skin from the stomach area to create a tighter, slimmer, smoother belly. A tummy tuck can be combined with other procedures such as liposuction of your waists or flanks (i.e. love handles) to fine tune your result.

Patients choose abdominoplasty cosmetic surgery for a number of reasons, including:
Excess abdominal skin following weight loss; Weight gain (beer belly or spare tire) from a sedentary lifestyle; Abdominal fat that is resistant to diet and exercise; Stretched stomach muscles from pregnancy; Desire for a thinner profile; Desire to look younger and fitter; Desire to fit into clothes better.

I recommend you visit with an ASPS member plastic surgeon to further explore your options and to find out if you are a candidate for this procedure.
Best wishes!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

+1

Many thanks for the question. You are a good candidate for liposuction along with TT to get the best out of your shape. Regarding muscle repair the PS need to examine you for the status of your muscles to recommend or otherwise and is not possible to tell you form the pictures. About stretch marks at least lower 4 inches of your tummy can get rid of these marks. Keloid depends upon the history of Keloid in your body or in your family. It’s a genetic issue and therefore closer look into your family history by you PS will decided about these matters.Wish you good luck

Web reference: http://www.dubai-aesthetica.com/body/tummy-tuck.html

Dubai Plastic Surgeon