Rhytidectomy

i am 19 years old and thin.my cheek skin is very loose and thus gives my face round look instead of chiseled look.i want to know that facelift will be good for me or there are other procedures available.

Facelift and Young Age

+2

A facelift is performed to remove excess skin that has become lax over decades of time.  Outside of very rare skin conditions like PXE it is virtually unimaginable to consider a lifting procedure at such a young age. 

If a patient desires sculpted and refined contours of the middle and lower face, there are other options available.  A face that is flat across the cheeks can sometimes be improved with cheek (malar) implants.  A chin that is weak or short (recessed) can be augmented with an implant.  Attaching photographs would make it a little easier to have a meaningful discussion about potential therapies.

Hope this helps.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift at 19

+1

There may be options for improvement, but they cannot be recommended without an exam or photos.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Consider Carefully Before Rhytidectomy at 19

+1

I would not advise you to jump into a procedure like a rhytidectomy as a first line of treatment.  Of course it is essential to see you in person but there are so many nonsurgical options to consider that can help with facial contouring.  Find someone you like and trust and sit down for an in depth consult.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm 19 and what a face that be good for me? Help!

+1

19 is very young for a facelift. However, there are many other options that you might want to consider. If you concern that your skin is very loose. He could benefit from some chemical peels and other resurfacing procedures. If you feel that your skin is loose and could use some volume. Many injectable options are present which are quite effective and very long-lasting. There are so many options today that senior plastic surgeons probably the best first step in review all the possibilities available. Best wishes. Take care – Dr. Joseph Hunstad

Joseph Hunstad, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Advise against Facelift at 19

+1

The short answer to your question is "No". No 19 year old is a candidate for a facelift really.

Would it be possible for you to post photos? it is difficult to imagine that you would be a candidate for a facelift at your age. Quite possibly you may want to consider Scupltra or another injectable filler to add volume to your cheeks to give your face a more chiseled look.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Clevens

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhytidectomy

+1

At your age you could consider Sculptra, the liquid facelift to fill in the tissues below your skin.

Julio Garcia, MD

A facelift on a teenager would be highly unusual

+1

Thank you for your question. It's tough to say without seeing any photos but it is hard to imagine a situation where a facelift would be necessary in someone of you age.  Before doing anything, see three or more board-certified plastic surgeons.  If any of them recommend something to you that seems very different from the others, be careful. I don't want anybody doing anything bad to you and harming you. Best wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Face lift in a 19 year old?

+1

I can't image a scenario in which this would be advisable.  Try posting your photos or seek a consultation.

Sam Naficy, MD

Rhytidectomy No, but there may be other options.

+1

Indeed, I echo my colleagues in saying that it is not appropriate to undergo rhytidectomy at age 19.  It can be difficult to articulate exactly what you desire in your appearance and specifically, if that can be achieved with your anatomy.

The best idea is to consult with someone in person and go over your concerns and options.  It should be an educational experience for you and you may find there are simple things you can do (that don't involve surgery) to get the look you want.

I wish you all the best.

Paul K. Holden, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhytidectomy in 19 Year Old Lady

+1

A rhytidectomy is not appropriate for a 19 year old lady.  It is hard to imagine a face that is both thin and round. I don't know what your trying to describe. Please send pictures.