Would Rhinoplasty Be Able to Fix my Asymmetrical Nose?

My nose is asymmetrical and I have one nostril that is sunken in, is there a way that rhynoplasty would be able to fix my problem?

Rhinoplasty to fix asymmetric nose

+1

Correcting asymmetries of the nose is part of the rhinoplasty procedure. If one nostril is sunken in, cartilage-grafting techniques can be performed to give further symmetry to the nose. There are suturing techniques for the tip that can also be performed symmetrically or asymmetrically to give more symmetry to the nose. Cartilage grafts typically come from the nose and on rare occasions taken from the ear when a composite skin graft is needed to bring down the alar rim.

Rhinoplasty to Fix Nasal Asymmetry

+1

Rhinoplasty will improve your nasal asymmetry, including your nostrils, altough perfect symmetry is never a goal and is impossible to achieve. Investigate your alternatives.

Rhinoplasty to Improve Nasal Asymmetry

+1

Facial or nasal symmetry is common, and essentially normal. No one has a perfectly symmetric face or nose. Rhinoplasty may improve asymmetry by reshaping cartilage, bone, or skin. Speak with a plastic surgeon to perform a comprehensive evaluation and to help determine appropriate options for you.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric Nostrils and Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty can certainly be used to repair nostril and tip asymmetries. In your particular case it is difficult to decipher precisely what is going on with your tip due to photographic limitations. In the end, remember that some degree of asymmetry is always going to be present and you will have to be accepting of this.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostrils and Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty can address issues with the rim and base of the nostrils which affect the overall appearance of the nostril.  Whether it can fix your issues is unknown because of the picture quality and the need for other views of the nose.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Rhinoplasty

+1

Some asymmetry is normal.  Rhinoplasty can be performed to improve the asymmetry but not eliminate it completely.

Rhinoplasty can correct asymmetry

+1

Nostrils that are uneven can be corrected during a rhinoplasty procedure, and asymmetry in the tip can be corrected as well. This may require cartilage grafts to support and shape the tip, or a Weir procedure to even the nostril. Results may not be perfect, but can greatly improve an asymmetric nose.

peterejohnsonmd

Rhinoplasty for asymmetry

+1

Some form of rhinoplasty should be able to correct asymmetry. You may need a cartilage graft to support the “sunken in” nostril. Make sure whoever you see has significant experience in cosmetic and reconstructive rhinoplasty. Also understand that you can never be perfectly symmetric, only much closer than the present.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Fix my Asymmetrical Nose

+1

Thanks for the attempted photo. Yes some form of a rhinoplasty can help achieve symmetry. Seek evaluation by boarded rhinoplasty surgeons in your area. 

Nostril asymmetry and correction.

+1

Yes, a rhinoplasty can make your nostrils more symmetrical, but not perfect. The rest of the nose and tip can be made more refined as well.