Is Rhytidectomy Right for me?

i am 19 years old and thin . i have asked previously about rhytidectomy because my skin is loose.but i was suggested that it is not for me and doctors asked for my picture.i am sending outline of my face shape.when i pull my cheek and jaw skin towards ears my face looks like 2nd picture(oblong) and this is the shape i want for my face.i do not want to have implants.what can be done in this regards ?

Is a Facelift (Rhytidectomy) right for a 19 year old?

+1

Respectfully, With exception of a rare condition called Progeria ( where children age rapidly and do not reach yiur age), I cannot think of a situation where a 19 year could improve their facial experience or their lives with facial cosmetic surgery. You do not appreciate the operation, it's risks and it's inability to change your life in any way. 

Dr Rand is absolutely right.

+1

As a nineteen year old it is impossible that you need a facelift.  While much of cosmetic surgery is about aesthetics rather than aging, we should all have our 19 year old face!  Anything that a surgeon might do for your face is likely to make you look older not better.  The first question I have is there something wrong with your self-image?  I do provide service for 19 year old, even surgery ( I do practice in Los Angeles) but it is based on very clear indications and it is also done conservatively.  I recommend that you repost your question with photographs.  Perhaps this will help us understand your face.  The drawings above to not provide any real information.

Of course a facelift is not for you

+1

You have a minimum of 30 years to go before a facelift is possibly reasonable for you.  Today another 17 year old young man was asking a question at the same time as you about his asymmetrical eyes.  I couldn't see any difference at all in his photos yet the issue was huge to him.  Now, with your question, I can only say that it is really important for you young people who are hammered by the media and internet about some perfect ideal look, to learn to love yourself for who you are and to not be so critical.  Look how miserable the supposedly perfect Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Aniston etc etc are!!!

If you continue in this self deprecating mode, your life will never be fulfilling and you will never find happiness.  Please look up Body Dismorphic Disorder on line and see if it look familiar to you.  Surgery is not an answer for you.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS