Want to fix outer eye hollows, doctor has recommended Pelleve, looking for input on efficacy of Pelleve for eye hollows. Thanks.

Outer corner eye indents, gives circular hollow appearance. Not concerned with tear troughs, just outer indentation clearly visible in pics. Heard fillers would be option, but highly rated doc recommends Pelleve instead. Said I would need a few treatments before seeing results, don't have a problem being patient or even the high cost, but read 50/50 mixed reviews of Pelleve, some rating it excellent, others saying they saw no improvement & it was a waste of time/money. Any input?

Hollow Treatment

+2

Pelleve is a radiofrequency device that heats the deep layers of the skin causing the collagen in the skin to contract and tighten. Pelleve will give you an improvement in firmness and tightness however it will not fill in a hollow in the skin. For hollows I recommend injecting filler to improve the depression. In the eye area I like to use Restylane; I find that it causes less swelling than Juverderm for a more natural look. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see which option is best for your concerns.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Pelleve for skin tightening not to improve hollowness

+1
If someone has sagging skin that has left some hollowness, let's say in the upper cheek, then Pelleve might help lift some of the facial tissues and minimize, not eliminate the hollowness. When there is a significant depression in the skin, with a marked sharp border around the void, I would not expect any tightening of skin around the area to help lift that depression. Fillers are usually better for that but there are risks when fillers are done around the eyes so speak with your physician before trying them. I like Belotero and Restylane for that area.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Eye Hollow Treatment

+1

You need Restylane for this area.  Pelleve is great for fine lines and wrinkles but will not fill in a hollow.  Filler in this area should last at least 1 year.

Janet M. Neigel, MD
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hollows Around The Eyes Respond Well To Fillers

+1

Hollows below the eyes, particularly when they are localized to the sides of the eyes, respond very well in my experience to the use of fillers, particularly Restylane (diluted) and better still, Belotero Balance, which has little tendency to result in the unwanted bluish Tyndall Effect that may result when fillers are injected too superficially or within the very thin skin under and around the eyes.

In general, using a blunt cannula introduced from the lateral cheek area (rather than employing a series of sharp needle prcks directly into the hollows), tiny amounts of filler may be introduced to lift and smooth the hollow with little chance of bruising. The procedure typically takes about five minutes to perform and the results are immediate and gratifying after just one treatment.

I am quite skeptical that any radiosurgical device, which would include Pelleve, would do much for improving the depths of those hollows, even after a full series of treatments. At best, such devices yield variable and often subtle results in texture and tightening and little in the way of elevating depressions or hollows.  Be sure to consult with a board certified aesthetic physician who has experience with all currently available techniques for dealing with undereye hollows.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Pelleve is a waste of money for eye hollows

+1

Thank you for your email and photos. You have been misinformed. You need volume replacement with fat or filler not a radiofrequency treatment.

I am truly astounded that any knowledgeable physician would recommend such a treatmemt.

Run dont walk to a board certified plastic surgeon for consultation.

Please read the link below.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Filler!

+1
For sure, a RF treatment will improve the quality of your skin but not fill the hollow. I think you need a strong lifting filler like Perlane

Giovanni Salti, MD
Italy Dermatologic Surgeon

Pelleve is not going to fill in the hollow area.

+1
Pelleve is a radiofrequency treatment that is used around the eyes to help with fine lines and wrinkles. It does not stimulate significant collagen to the point that it would fill in a hollow like this!  You need to put some filler in here. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon